Used 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Monte-carlo - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Amazing car for the money
By brandon

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have fallen in love with this car. It has been a blast to drive. Only thing makes it so great is that the 3.9 liter engine is breath taking for the gas mileage. It is amazing, it just smokes all my friends cars in everthing. I could never ask for nothing more from this car. It delivers all a guy going into college could want. muscle car power with the looks and comfront of luxury sedan which IS nothing more that anyone could ask for the price. Best car I have driven in a longtime. just a work of art in every way. A total dream to drive. You will love this car for the money

Favorite Features

Remote start, ipod attachment, gas mileage. Just everthing is perfect. But by far my alltime favorite is 240HP that 3.9 liter can dish out, plus sounds like a beast

Suggested Improvements

Nothing at all

Love my car
By JAYME

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I own this '06 SS and I am glad every single day it's mine. At the time of purchase I was going to buy a Toyota Corrola until I heard the V8 fire up inside the showroom. I was sold. Why anyone would buy any other model but the SS I can't understand, but to each their own. I have since added the Magnaflow Performance exhaust system and it really rumbles now. Power? Plenty of power, giddyup whenever I need it. Looks are great, mine is silver in color, I keep it waxed, nice wheel package at 18in., beautiful car. Dodge Charger has absolutely nothing on this Chevy, and I plan on owning it for a very long time. No major problems at all.

Favorite Features

Remote start, overall looks, and the V8 power...love that part!

Suggested Improvements

I find myself looking for places to put things, garage door opener, sunglasses, etc. I got over that pretty quick though...not that big of a deal for all the other things I just love about the car.

Monte Carlo
By skip

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car has been a dream to own. No maintance problems. Makes me wonder why anyone would buy Japanese. 31 mpg on the road overall average 26 mpg.

Favorite Features

OnStar, stereo

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders

Pretty car..too many transmission problems
By Charlene

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car actually belongs to my mother, but due to eye problems, I am the driver. My mother purchased the car in Nov. of 2007. Since the purchase, we've had a new transmission installed and had to have it checked twice after that. Now there is a problem with the shifting the car from Park to Drive,etc. The shift has become stiff and it takes two hands to get it to move. Love the car, hate the problems we've had.

Favorite Features

Color, body style

Suggested Improvements

Not being a "car person" I don't know, I would just like to be able to use one hand to shift from park, to drive or reverse.

Why did they kill this car--again?
By John

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/3LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I never thought I would enjoy (nay, love) driving a front drive V6, but holy crap! This car will put your backside in the seat and keep it there then stop on a dime and give you a nickel change. The handling is very stable and pretty responsive. I'm 6'5 and fit extremely well in this car once the triple adjustable seat was set. The exterior is as aggressive as the performance; people tend to stare when I go by. When I took the car on the highway, 90 was as comfortable as 40. This is truly a sharp car. Makes me wonder why in the world GM would discontinue such a great automobile.

Favorite Features

Leather, very capable suspension and steering, off the line and beyond power, double-take generating styling, bright but responsible fog lights, and an exhaust note that would make a stang jealous.

Suggested Improvements

Center cup holder should be deeper (thank god the water bottle wasn't open).