Used 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

SS Muscle is Back
By Patrick

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am very pleased by the performance and handling of this FWD "muscle car" from GM. The ride is very civilized, however the seats are not well bolstered. GM removed about $1500 worth of optional equipment, such as the guage package, leather shifter and boot, and the passenger power seat (to mention a few). I found my 2003 SS to be more comfortable. If they had just left the creature comforts alone, and just added the V-8 and changed the front clip styling, they would have hit a home run. I get between 30 and 35 mpg on the highway/9-12 mpg in city driving. It is touchy keeping the DOD in 4 cyl. mode, but that does improve fuel economy by about 20%.

I added stripes for a sporty ppearance reminiscent of the 1970 Chevelle SS, "SS" stitching on the headrests like the Impala, and I replaced the "truck wheels" with a set of Z06 Corvette styled wheels, that all grab the attention of onlookers.

GM should have just left the car alone, apart from adding the LS4 engine and changing the front clip styling. Offer a set of stylish wheels and a two option preset for the power seats. And, rear wheel drive would help. Then I wouldn't have to answer the FAQ "Is it rear wheel drive?"

Amazing car for the money
By brandon

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have fallen in love with this car. It has been a blast to drive. Only thing makes it so great is that the 3.9 liter engine is breath taking for the gas mileage. It is amazing, it just smokes all my friends cars in everthing. I could never ask for nothing more from this car. It delivers all a guy going into college could want. muscle car power with the looks and comfront of luxury sedan which IS nothing more that anyone could ask for the price. Best car I have driven in a longtime. just a work of art in every way. A total dream to drive. You will love this car for the money

Remote start, ipod attachment, gas mileage. Just everthing is perfect. But by far my alltime favorite is 240HP that 3.9 liter can dish out, plus sounds like a beast

Nothing at all

Love my car
By JAYME

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I own this '06 SS and I am glad every single day it's mine. At the time of purchase I was going to buy a Toyota Corrola until I heard the V8 fire up inside the showroom. I was sold. Why anyone would buy any other model but the SS I can't understand, but to each their own. I have since added the Magnaflow Performance exhaust system and it really rumbles now. Power? Plenty of power, giddyup whenever I need it. Looks are great, mine is silver in color, I keep it waxed, nice wheel package at 18in., beautiful car. Dodge Charger has absolutely nothing on this Chevy, and I plan on owning it for a very long time. No major problems at all.

Remote start, overall looks, and the V8 power...love that part!

I find myself looking for places to put things, garage door opener, sunglasses, etc. I got over that pretty quick though...not that big of a deal for all the other things I just love about the car.

Monte Carlo
By skip

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car has been a dream to own. No maintance problems. Makes me wonder why anyone would buy Japanese. 31 mpg on the road overall average 26 mpg.

OnStar, stereo

Cup holders

Pretty car..too many transmission problems
By Charlene

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car actually belongs to my mother, but due to eye problems, I am the driver. My mother purchased the car in Nov. of 2007. Since the purchase, we've had a new transmission installed and had to have it checked twice after that. Now there is a problem with the shifting the car from Park to Drive,etc. The shift has become stiff and it takes two hands to get it to move. Love the car, hate the problems we've had.

Color, body style

Not being a "car person" I don't know, I would just like to be able to use one hand to shift from park, to drive or reverse.