Used 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Most Helpful|
Used
By allisonmarie13

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe w/3LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my car at a dealership for $1,200 off the sticker price; I walked out paying $6,000 even for everything, including the plate. The car had over 100,000 miles on it, but they were high way miles, so the car is still in EXCELLENT condition. Although it has a high amount of high way miles, it still runs like it's brand new. The car is in perfect condition, exterior and interior. I have been driving it for almost a year and the only problem I've had is an obnoxious clicking that seems to be related to the air vents. Other than that, it is a WONDERFUL car.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel controls, cruise control, automatic windows, dash controls/dash, aux input, trunk space, seats (I'm not a fan of leather), wide range of seat adjustments, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger cup holders

Qalking
By alan

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my monte ss brand new in 06. Was very disappointed today when transmission went out at only 70,000 miles. Made me think I was driving a dodge. That's 3000 dollars I wasn't ready to spend.

The Worst Monte Carlo Poorly Built
By lbuckland

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This was the 2nd monte carlo I purchase and believe me the worst. Problems first started 100 miles over warranty. Car would not shift into gear. Took to Chev was charged for a new ignition. Few months later same problem took to another shop told it was shifter cable. Pd again. About a yr later same problem. Next was the dash it started coming apart. Next, ac went out which happened with both monte carlos at 6 yrs. Well, now it is the transmission. As for the car not shifting if was the shifter when you would try and push button down to put in gear it would not go but would do it randomly. Finally, I figured out after so many times of paying it was mainly in the winter. Well, needless to say.

Favorite Features

Size and body style

Suggested Improvements

Very cheap made.

There's always something wrong
By Scott

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LTZ 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

In general, I like the car. It performs well and gets good gas mileage (as much as 28-29 on the highway). The thing that bothers me is stuff that goes wrong way before it should. Both front strut towers and bearings at 40k, Tie rods at 45k. I have not been able to get more than 2 months in a row without one or more of the tire pressure sensors going out. Now today at 58K, the power steering pump just went. It is discouraging, and I am a hard core GM guy

Favorite Features

Satellite radio, seat heaters

Suggested Improvements

Get better quality sub suppliers when providing components.

Stay away from this car
By Cromagnum

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car would not start 2 times, had it towed. Constant light surging, even with cruise on. Cold starts result in hesitation on take off, even once backfiring. The dealer naturally says they cannot duplicate these driveability issues. Big mistake getting this car, it will be gone soon. Oh, the car is 3 months old.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

None