2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
2006 Super Sport
By Remy-Z on 11/27/08 12:56 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in a 2001 Buick Regal GS for the SS. I had high hopes after owning the Regal for four years, and without question I'm not disappointed by the Monte. The shape of the outside is handsome without being obnoxious. The interior is spacious, especially for a coupe, seats my 6'5" frame nicely, and the interior is a nice improvement from the Regal, which was already nice. Of course, the focal point of owning a Super Sport is the performance, and this one does not disappoint. Just from the feel, it blows the memory of my '87 Monte SS out of the water.

06 Monte Carlo SS
By Chris Paffett on 11/01/08 07:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have a bias for the shape of the roofline on 2006-2007 Monte Carlos. For me it has lots of interior room, something that cost above 40K in a Asian or Euro coupe. It is very fast when you stand on it. I have upset at least the following imports; Audi Q7 with V-8, BMW 650 convertble, Porsche boxster. Yes it is a front wheel drive and a amiable performer one click down from the Pontiac GTO and the last year of the Z28 Camaro. It will deliver 25 to 28 mpg on flat highways when driven at speed limit, I average about 23 mpg on highway due to spirited driving. The Goodyears hum at around 45-55 mph then get quiet. Plenty of trunk room, leather seats are firm and so is suspension. Like it a lot.

Monte
By Jimmy on 10/12/08 03:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Since I've had my Monte I have been going on a lot of road trips and have put a lot of miles on it. I have driven it across various states, into Canada, through snowy mountain passes, and this car has always gotten me from A to B flawlessly! I realized that I like front wheel drive when I was driving on snowy roads (you dont fishtail or lose control as easy as rear wheel) This is a good road tripping car. Though I did wake up one morning, started the car, and realized that some how the power steering pump went out overnight, being under warranty, the dealer took care of it quick. Other then that I believe this car is dependable, I have definitely put it through the test and it passed.

SS Muscle is Back
By Patrick on 08/19/08 22:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am very pleased by the performance and handling of this FWD "muscle car" from GM. The ride is very civilized, however the seats are not well bolstered. GM removed about $1500 worth of optional equipment, such as the guage package, leather shifter and boot, and the passenger power seat (to mention a few). I found my 2003 SS to be more comfortable. If they had just left the creature comforts alone, and just added the V-8 and changed the front clip styling, they would have hit a home run. I get between 30 and 35 mpg on the highway/9-12 mpg in city driving. It is touchy keeping the DOD in 4 cyl. mode, but that does improve fuel economy by about 20%.

Amazing car for the money
By brandon on 08/06/08 22:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have fallen in love with this car. It has been a blast to drive. Only thing makes it so great is that the 3.9 liter engine is breath taking for the gas mileage. It is amazing, it just smokes all my friends cars in everthing. I could never ask for nothing more from this car. It delivers all a guy going into college could want. muscle car power with the looks and comfront of luxury sedan which IS nothing more that anyone could ask for the price. Best car I have driven in a longtime. just a work of art in every way. A total dream to drive. You will love this car for the money

Love my car
By JAYME on 07/11/08 11:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I own this '06 SS and I am glad every single day it's mine. At the time of purchase I was going to buy a Toyota Corrola until I heard the V8 fire up inside the showroom. I was sold. Why anyone would buy any other model but the SS I can't understand, but to each their own. I have since added the Magnaflow Performance exhaust system and it really rumbles now. Power? Plenty of power, giddyup whenever I need it. Looks are great, mine is silver in color, I keep it waxed, nice wheel package at 18in., beautiful car. Dodge Charger has absolutely nothing on this Chevy, and I plan on owning it for a very long time. No major problems at all.

Monte Carlo
By skip on 05/20/08 10:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car has been a dream to own. No maintance problems. Makes me wonder why anyone would buy Japanese. 31 mpg on the road overall average 26 mpg.

Pretty car..too many transmission problems
By Charlene on 05/08/08 04:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car actually belongs to my mother, but due to eye problems, I am the driver. My mother purchased the car in Nov. of 2007. Since the purchase, we've had a new transmission installed and had to have it checked twice after that. Now there is a problem with the shifting the car from Park to Drive,etc. The shift has become stiff and it takes two hands to get it to move. Love the car, hate the problems we've had.

Why did they kill this car--again?
By John on 01/17/08 22:05 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/3LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I never thought I would enjoy (nay, love) driving a front drive V6, but holy crap! This car will put your backside in the seat and keep it there then stop on a dime and give you a nickel change. The handling is very stable and pretty responsive. I'm 6'5 and fit extremely well in this car once the triple adjustable seat was set. The exterior is as aggressive as the performance; people tend to stare when I go by. When I took the car on the highway, 90 was as comfortable as 40. This is truly a sharp car. Makes me wonder why in the world GM would discontinue such a great automobile.

Get it before it's gone!
By earl on 12/04/07 06:55 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my car and that is after nearly 2 years of mostly freeway miles. I get 27 there and average 19 mpg for a 303 hp V8. My Z28 had 315 and the insurance is half as much. The radio system is awesome. Buy the car loaded if you can. The chromatic mirrors and leather seats make for an enjoyable experience. This car is a highway interceptor. It outruns most vehicles on the freeway with ease. It outhandles my 02 Z28 in the curves. Get one while they are still around.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.