2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Review: 2006 Super Sport

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Review

2006 Super Sport
By Remy-Z on

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in a 2001 Buick Regal GS for the SS. I had high hopes after owning the Regal for four years, and without question I'm not disappointed by the Monte. The shape of the outside is handsome without being obnoxious. The interior is spacious, especially for a coupe, seats my 6'5" frame nicely, and the interior is a nice improvement from the Regal, which was already nice. Of course, the focal point of owning a Super Sport is the performance, and this one does not disappoint. Just from the feel, it blows the memory of my '87 Monte SS out of the water.

The engine is definetly the favorite. The LS4 is a stomper, beating out quite a few "built" engines I've had the pleasure of enjoying.

With most GM cars, I tend to dislike the materials the interiors use. I like the seats, the shifter and switches and gauges are an improvement, but the plasticky stuff can be trashed for something better.