2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Monte Carlo?????
By ICMIAMI05 on 04/04/10 08:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LTZ 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased my 06 Monte Carlo Feb. 2010, love this car thus far. Received a wonderful price on the car, considering all the features and options. The LTZ trim levels has everything the SS offers without the V8. Comfort and style is superb, I only had one problem with the key not releasing right away from the ignition. Dealer located the problem on the first visit. I wouldn't trade this car for anything. Have owned Pontiac and Dodge and by far my Chevy is my favorite. Gas could be improved but hey its a 3.9L with awesome passing power and handling. Would highly recommend for Chevy to bring back the Monte Carlo name plate. Home Run GM!!!!!

SS - MOST FUN IN YEARS
By Scott on 03/27/10 05:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It was like a mid-life crisis buy and definitely don't regret it! Absolute blast to drive. Comfortable even for my 6'3" height. Put on performance exhaust and sounds amazing. DOD actually works.

Quality product?
By second monte family on 03/21/10 22:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe w/3LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My 2006 Monte has had nothing but problems from day one. Had to replace steering twice and then last month got a recall notice for the same. The dealer has been looking for the problem with the computer since I bought it. What is with that? I love Chevy vehicles but this one is disappointing to say the least.

My First Car
By THE BEAST on 12/03/09 22:57 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe w/3LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

it a beast to drive with the horsepower and tuning i did to it. the flowmasters super 40s mufflurs sound like a couger all my friends love to ride in it cause it super roomie. the backseats wont work good with small children seats but im a kid in college so big. it a piece of history cause they stop making them in 2007 which is sad but they made room for the new 2010 camaro which well be my next car for sure. my monte well be in garage with my new camaro SS someday and i well keep my monte for years to come cause it great for road trips. hopefully she will always be in my garage so we well never have to part. i would suggust this car for first time drivers there perfect cars and safe&fun

Bring It Back
By Herbie on 07/10/09 04:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe w/3LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. In black it has this stealth look. The car has been bullet proof. Only regular maintenance in the 3 years I have owned it. Negatives: paint does chip easily, and interior fit and finish is overall "good," but some of the trim parts don't fit well. I switched to an "H" rated Goodyear Assurance (Eagle GT) series; this permitted better cornering. My Monte is loaded....whatever was available it has.

Love my Monte!
By D and M Ahart on 06/16/09 07:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LTZ 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We have had this car 2 years now and it's been a pleasure to own and drive. Only problem we've had with it is the Tire Pressure Monitors malfunctioning. Otherwise, nop problems. A very solid feel this car has. It hugs the road and handles great in all weather conditions. The 3.9L engine provides plenty of power on the highways, which is our main type of driving. The fuel economy isn't all that bad, but i didn't purchase this car with fuel economy in mind. For what we paid for it, we got much more car than we would have gotten from any Japanese import of the same price. I love my Monte, and it's sad to see the MC nameplate disappear, probably for good, unfortunately.

Not sure on this one..
By lindzabu on 05/07/09 21:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe w/3LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought an 06 Monte Carlo LT about a year ago. I loved it when I first bought it, but later I'm starting to double think this car. The shifter button sticks, thus causing the key not to come out of the ignition at times..Had to replace my Power Steering already, AND I'm starting to have transmission problems...Its sad, and the parts are so expensive! It looks cool, however. And I love the power it shoots out for a V6. I wouldn't recommend this vehicle to anyone with toddlers, or infants. Its hard to get in and out of the backseat. Ive owned this for a year, and I'm selling it for something more reliable.

I LOVE this car!!!!
By Cathy on 05/01/09 11:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I recently bought a 2006 Monte Carlo SS and couldn't be happier. This car is fun to drive. It's a BEAST really!! I was worried about gas, seeing its a v8, but those worries went away. I drive mostly highway, and it's excellent on gas. I love how this car looks, inside and out. My old car was a 02 Grand Prix GT (2 door) and this car is very similar, except with a lot more power. Chevy did a great job with the 06-07 models, and I couldn't be happier!! =]

love my first month!
By steven menard on 03/30/09 18:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LTZ 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I've been driving my ltz for a month now and I'm really enjoying driving this car. The car only has 60.000 km so no problems yet!. Ive always had gm cars and I'm a gm lover! The car handles great, fuel economy I'm impressed. This car has a 3.9 engine so if you have a heavy foot well its normal that the car will cost you !. But at normal driving condition you will be impressed!. The downside of this car is the sound system I own a g5 2007 the 2 cars has the same sound system, I expected more from the ltz! This car performs at its best when you want to pass a car. The acceleration is at its best after 35 km. For those people that do not like a gm product you should try this car !

There's Never Anything Wrong
By PDQ on 03/05/09 08:18 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This car has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. It is very fast, in fact, a little more power than the front drive system can keep a hold of. In the winter, I drive around the other fast cars stuck in the snow because of the front drive. It's a trade off that works. Big trunk, comfortable interior that is solid after 28,000 miles. Fuel mileage has been the only disappointment. Sticker suggested 18/28 I get 15.5/23.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.