Used 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Qalking
By alan

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my monte ss brand new in 06. Was very disappointed today when transmission went out at only 70,000 miles. Made me think I was driving a dodge. That's 3000 dollars I wasn't ready to spend.

Satisfied
By 06Monte

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my Monte new while I worked at the dealership. The first 50,000 miles had very few problems with it. The only really thing was that I blew a power steering line and the junk tire pressure sensors. I had the keyless entry system (which reads the tire pressure sensors) replaced twice. And numerous amounts of sensors replaced before it fixed itself. After 50,000 the GMPP warranty paid for itself. Had control arms, wheel bearings, and tie rods replaced all at once. Had oil rings in the engine seize and had 8 new pistons and rings installed. Trust me I take care of this car! Nothing but 92+ octane and synthetic oil every 5,000 miles. All maintanence performed regularly.

Favorite Features

The car has a very smooth ride! Once a month I travel from Philly to Akron, OH and with the XM it makes a quick drive! Plenty of power for passing and going through the mountains when your there!

Suggested Improvements

GM really needs to reconsider the tire pressure monitor system. In the 4 years I owned this car it has been in the shop 14 times for something related to that system. But, like any other die-hard GM enthusiast, it would have been nice to see a rwd manual monte! Gives us something to hope for!

(Not So) Proud Owner
By Will

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe w/3LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I am the (not so) proud owner of what I thought was a nice used car. Bought this with 47,000k fully loaded, which isnt bad for a 2006, only to discover transmission problems two weeks and 300 miles after purchasing. I like the car, but am disgusted with its performance. It slams into gear from park and hesitates to get into first, often jerking into first gear. Was told the car had a warranty when purchasing only for the dealer to have no record of the warranty. Lucky me for purchasing a car out of warranty. After dealing with the Chevy dealer (seller) and GM, I can say the two have lost a longtime and formerly loyal GM customer. NEVER AGAIN!

Favorite Features

Comfortable/smooth ride, leather seats, acceleration, remote start.. it really is a nice car with the exception of the mysterious transmission problem.

Suggested Improvements

I would say the transmission, but they're out of production so what's the point?

'06 Monte-Best of a Tradition
By Alan

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The only problem with my Monte, is that I should have bought the SS. I have had my Monte for 4 years, and to date, it has been bullet proof. The only problems have been a stale odor from the AC, and some earlier remote key issues. It has 44,000 miles on it, and I have changed my oil every 3,000 miles, and recently switched to Mobil One, and installed a K&N air filter. The brakes are original, and have over 50% remaining. My Monte is a glossy black, with fabric seats (should have been leather), that are too light in color, and show dirt. It is sporty, and can get out of its own way, even with the 3.5 L engine. I have 44,000 miles, and plan to keep my car indefinitely.

Favorite Features

Style, engine, wheels, and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Stiffer suspension, dual exhausts, better paint quality.

06 monte carlo
By ross88

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i have had this car for a little over a year. i have pimped it out alittle put some 20's on it 1600waz stereo system in it and a little more i love it good power for a 3.5 i have been reading some of the reviews and some of the people have had power steering problems i have had that to. it is the power steering cooler line it rumbs on the exhaust and gets a hole i berned two pumps up because i couldnt fine the leek. there is recall on all of them. GM didnt use there brain on that one! other than that the car has been ok! i wish i got the SS i like a little speed! the 3.5 is pretty good big gas saver 30 miles to gallon. they are a really good car and looks great GM BRING BACK THE MONTE CARLO!

Favorite Features

LOOKS GOOD NICE ROOM GOOD ON GAS

Suggested Improvements

TO MANY PEOPLE HAVE HAD POWER STEERING PROBLEMS!!! BRING BACK THE MONTE CARLO