2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
06 Monte Carlo SS LS4
By roryreview on 12/04/14 12:28 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was looking for a new car, test drove 08 Mustang GT, 10 Camaro SS & Challenger RT. The Monte SS by far was the most fun to drive, I really didn't expect anything from it. After the test drive I put money down to hold the car, I knew it was a winner. I am not saying this car would burn these others in a race but the acceleration on the SS made me instantly want it. When you step on the gas the HP goes right to the wheels, no delay. No one understands just how fast these LS4's are until they are behind the drivers seat. Even if your not in it for speed, it is a very comfortable car to drive in.The best part of my day is coming & going to work.

Qalking
By alan on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my monte ss brand new in 06. Was very disappointed today when transmission went out at only 70,000 miles. Made me think I was driving a dodge. That's 3000 dollars I wasn't ready to spend.

Satisfied
By 06Monte on 08/31/10 09:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my Monte new while I worked at the dealership. The first 50,000 miles had very few problems with it. The only really thing was that I blew a power steering line and the junk tire pressure sensors. I had the keyless entry system (which reads the tire pressure sensors) replaced twice. And numerous amounts of sensors replaced before it fixed itself. After 50,000 the GMPP warranty paid for itself. Had control arms, wheel bearings, and tie rods replaced all at once. Had oil rings in the engine seize and had 8 new pistons and rings installed. Trust me I take care of this car! Nothing but 92+ octane and synthetic oil every 5,000 miles. All maintanence performed regularly.

SS - MOST FUN IN YEARS
By Scott on 03/27/10 05:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It was like a mid-life crisis buy and definitely don't regret it! Absolute blast to drive. Comfortable even for my 6'3" height. Put on performance exhaust and sounds amazing. DOD actually works.

I LOVE this car!!!!
By Cathy on 05/01/09 11:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I recently bought a 2006 Monte Carlo SS and couldn't be happier. This car is fun to drive. It's a BEAST really!! I was worried about gas, seeing its a v8, but those worries went away. I drive mostly highway, and it's excellent on gas. I love how this car looks, inside and out. My old car was a 02 Grand Prix GT (2 door) and this car is very similar, except with a lot more power. Chevy did a great job with the 06-07 models, and I couldn't be happier!! =]

There's Never Anything Wrong
By PDQ on 03/05/09 08:18 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This car has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. It is very fast, in fact, a little more power than the front drive system can keep a hold of. In the winter, I drive around the other fast cars stuck in the snow because of the front drive. It's a trade off that works. Big trunk, comfortable interior that is solid after 28,000 miles. Fuel mileage has been the only disappointment. Sticker suggested 18/28 I get 15.5/23.

2006 Super Sport
By Remy-Z on 11/27/08 12:56 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in a 2001 Buick Regal GS for the SS. I had high hopes after owning the Regal for four years, and without question I'm not disappointed by the Monte. The shape of the outside is handsome without being obnoxious. The interior is spacious, especially for a coupe, seats my 6'5" frame nicely, and the interior is a nice improvement from the Regal, which was already nice. Of course, the focal point of owning a Super Sport is the performance, and this one does not disappoint. Just from the feel, it blows the memory of my '87 Monte SS out of the water.

06 Monte Carlo SS
By Chris Paffett on 11/01/08 07:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have a bias for the shape of the roofline on 2006-2007 Monte Carlos. For me it has lots of interior room, something that cost above 40K in a Asian or Euro coupe. It is very fast when you stand on it. I have upset at least the following imports; Audi Q7 with V-8, BMW 650 convertble, Porsche boxster. Yes it is a front wheel drive and a amiable performer one click down from the Pontiac GTO and the last year of the Z28 Camaro. It will deliver 25 to 28 mpg on flat highways when driven at speed limit, I average about 23 mpg on highway due to spirited driving. The Goodyears hum at around 45-55 mph then get quiet. Plenty of trunk room, leather seats are firm and so is suspension. Like it a lot.

SS Muscle is Back
By Patrick on 08/19/08 22:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am very pleased by the performance and handling of this FWD "muscle car" from GM. The ride is very civilized, however the seats are not well bolstered. GM removed about $1500 worth of optional equipment, such as the guage package, leather shifter and boot, and the passenger power seat (to mention a few). I found my 2003 SS to be more comfortable. If they had just left the creature comforts alone, and just added the V-8 and changed the front clip styling, they would have hit a home run. I get between 30 and 35 mpg on the highway/9-12 mpg in city driving. It is touchy keeping the DOD in 4 cyl. mode, but that does improve fuel economy by about 20%.

Love my car
By JAYME on 07/11/08 11:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I own this '06 SS and I am glad every single day it's mine. At the time of purchase I was going to buy a Toyota Corrola until I heard the V8 fire up inside the showroom. I was sold. Why anyone would buy any other model but the SS I can't understand, but to each their own. I have since added the Magnaflow Performance exhaust system and it really rumbles now. Power? Plenty of power, giddyup whenever I need it. Looks are great, mine is silver in color, I keep it waxed, nice wheel package at 18in., beautiful car. Dodge Charger has absolutely nothing on this Chevy, and I plan on owning it for a very long time. No major problems at all.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.