2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Monte Carlo?????
By ICMIAMI05 on 04/04/10 08:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LTZ 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased my 06 Monte Carlo Feb. 2010, love this car thus far. Received a wonderful price on the car, considering all the features and options. The LTZ trim levels has everything the SS offers without the V8. Comfort and style is superb, I only had one problem with the key not releasing right away from the ignition. Dealer located the problem on the first visit. I wouldn't trade this car for anything. Have owned Pontiac and Dodge and by far my Chevy is my favorite. Gas could be improved but hey its a 3.9L with awesome passing power and handling. Would highly recommend for Chevy to bring back the Monte Carlo name plate. Home Run GM!!!!!

Love my Monte!
By D and M Ahart on 06/16/09 07:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LTZ 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We have had this car 2 years now and it's been a pleasure to own and drive. Only problem we've had with it is the Tire Pressure Monitors malfunctioning. Otherwise, nop problems. A very solid feel this car has. It hugs the road and handles great in all weather conditions. The 3.9L engine provides plenty of power on the highways, which is our main type of driving. The fuel economy isn't all that bad, but i didn't purchase this car with fuel economy in mind. For what we paid for it, we got much more car than we would have gotten from any Japanese import of the same price. I love my Monte, and it's sad to see the MC nameplate disappear, probably for good, unfortunately.

love my first month!
By steven menard on 03/30/09 18:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LTZ 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I've been driving my ltz for a month now and I'm really enjoying driving this car. The car only has 60.000 km so no problems yet!. Ive always had gm cars and I'm a gm lover! The car handles great, fuel economy I'm impressed. This car has a 3.9 engine so if you have a heavy foot well its normal that the car will cost you !. But at normal driving condition you will be impressed!. The downside of this car is the sound system I own a g5 2007 the 2 cars has the same sound system, I expected more from the ltz! This car performs at its best when you want to pass a car. The acceleration is at its best after 35 km. For those people that do not like a gm product you should try this car !

There's always something wrong
By Scott on 02/23/09 11:28 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LTZ 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

In general, I like the car. It performs well and gets good gas mileage (as much as 28-29 on the highway). The thing that bothers me is stuff that goes wrong way before it should. Both front strut towers and bearings at 40k, Tie rods at 45k. I have not been able to get more than 2 months in a row without one or more of the tire pressure sensors going out. Now today at 58K, the power steering pump just went. It is discouraging, and I am a hard core GM guy

Coolness Of My '06 Monte LTZ
By RJ on 05/23/07 17:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LTZ 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

What can I say about such a great car that hasn't already been said? It's fun to drive. It turns heads. Not 100% sure about the performance as of yet cause I've not tried it. I also own a 1986 LS Monte I've had for pretty much 10 years and part of the reason I wanted an '06 is cause my two Montes are 20 years apart. So far I've cleaned the car like 200 times and it sets inside under a new car cover most the time. Since I got it, I think I've put 1200 miles on it? I like cleaning the car.

Love it!
By penguinfan on 03/24/07 01:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LTZ 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I love the new interior they put in. It's not the same old generic GM interior. The ride is great and there is plenty of power when needed. I love just cruising around town now!

Fun to drive, fun to own
By bb on 11/18/06 19:49 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LTZ 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I usually drive a 93 T-bird to work, but after a while a can't wait to get the Monte out. Very good in all aspects of performance and very nice styling. It turns heads. I haven't liked a vehicle I owned this much since my '88 T-bird. This LTZ is fun to drive and a pleasure to own. It seems like a lot of car for the money.

Fun Ride
By cj2163 on 09/08/06 19:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LTZ 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We have put about 1200 miles on our '06 Monte. So far it has been a real fun ride. The interior is roomy enough. The kids fit fine in the back seat. Not real practial with children, but oh well. The heated seats and stereo are great. The car has a fairly stiff suspension and hugs the road well. You do feel most bumps in the road. Braking is very strong and the steering gives you a solid feel of the road. The car feels solid and substantial. The 3.9l V6 is plenty powerful for us with lots of passing power. Fuel economy is running about 23 around town and 27-28 on the highway. Overall, we are very pleased with the car and have not had second thoughts about our selection.

Clean Lines
By powertrainUAW on 09/07/06 18:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LTZ 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

One of the most solid cars I have driven. Could have done without the XM radio. CDs sound great, 6 disk is the ticket. Added chrome exhaust tips from dealer, which finishes the back end nicely.

'06 LTZ
By mrrench on 08/10/06 13:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LTZ 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I got my LTZ at the end of May. The car is great. Since I got the car. no problems with it at all. The 3.9 v-6 has plenty of power. Why they did away with it in '07 beats me. The dealer has already contacted me twice about selling the car back to them because of the demand for the '06. Just in case you all don't know, they do not make the LTZ in '07.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.