Used 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LTZ Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Monte Carlo?????
By ICMIAMI05

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LTZ 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased my 06 Monte Carlo Feb. 2010, love this car thus far. Received a wonderful price on the car, considering all the features and options. The LTZ trim levels has everything the SS offers without the V8. Comfort and style is superb, I only had one problem with the key not releasing right away from the ignition. Dealer located the problem on the first visit. I wouldn't trade this car for anything. Have owned Pontiac and Dodge and by far my Chevy is my favorite. Gas could be improved but hey its a 3.9L with awesome passing power and handling. Would highly recommend for Chevy to bring back the Monte Carlo name plate. Home Run GM!!!!!

Favorite Features

Style and comfortable leather seats with heat.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior finishes but overall nothing.

Love my Monte!
By D and M Ahart

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LTZ 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We have had this car 2 years now and it's been a pleasure to own and drive. Only problem we've had with it is the Tire Pressure Monitors malfunctioning. Otherwise, nop problems. A very solid feel this car has. It hugs the road and handles great in all weather conditions. The 3.9L engine provides plenty of power on the highways, which is our main type of driving. The fuel economy isn't all that bad, but i didn't purchase this car with fuel economy in mind. For what we paid for it, we got much more car than we would have gotten from any Japanese import of the same price. I love my Monte, and it's sad to see the MC nameplate disappear, probably for good, unfortunately.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust, Great handling in all weather conditions, Quiet, Comfortable Ride. Front wheel drive coupled with 17 inch tires and traction control.

Suggested Improvements

Blind Spot is rough; you can't see much when you look behind.

love my first month!
By steven menard

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LTZ 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I've been driving my ltz for a month now and I'm really enjoying driving this car. The car only has 60.000 km so no problems yet!. Ive always had gm cars and I'm a gm lover! The car handles great, fuel economy I'm impressed. This car has a 3.9 engine so if you have a heavy foot well its normal that the car will cost you !. But at normal driving condition you will be impressed!. The downside of this car is the sound system I own a g5 2007 the 2 cars has the same sound system, I expected more from the ltz! This car performs at its best when you want to pass a car. The acceleration is at its best after 35 km. For those people that do not like a gm product you should try this car !

Favorite Features

leathers seats ,beautiful dash ,onstar (optional was included in my purchase),mean sporty look outside sunroof,17 inch wheels,mags,powerful engine ,and if you drive under 100km fuel economy will impress you.Very quite ride and handles very nice.

Suggested Improvements

radio is disappointing ,very basic sound nothing too write home about!.For passengers in the back its not so bad , keep in mind its a 2 door so limited space too get in the car is expected!.

There's always something wrong
By Scott

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LTZ 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

In general, I like the car. It performs well and gets good gas mileage (as much as 28-29 on the highway). The thing that bothers me is stuff that goes wrong way before it should. Both front strut towers and bearings at 40k, Tie rods at 45k. I have not been able to get more than 2 months in a row without one or more of the tire pressure sensors going out. Now today at 58K, the power steering pump just went. It is discouraging, and I am a hard core GM guy

Favorite Features

Satellite radio, seat heaters

Suggested Improvements

Get better quality sub suppliers when providing components.

Coolness Of My '06 Monte LTZ
By RJ

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LTZ 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

What can I say about such a great car that hasn't already been said? It's fun to drive. It turns heads. Not 100% sure about the performance as of yet cause I've not tried it. I also own a 1986 LS Monte I've had for pretty much 10 years and part of the reason I wanted an '06 is cause my two Montes are 20 years apart. So far I've cleaned the car like 200 times and it sets inside under a new car cover most the time. Since I got it, I think I've put 1200 miles on it? I like cleaning the car.

Favorite Features

The dash cluster. Leather heated seats.The 8 speaker, 6 disk CD sterio equipment. Fold down rear seat. Lots of trunk space. Anti-lock brakes. Stand up rear spoiler. The 3.9 under the hood. The accessory door sill covers and exhaust tips I installed, look great.

Suggested Improvements

The door panels could have been of better quality. And the dash lay out. Why isn't there a metal overlay on the pass side of the dash like the driver side has?