Used 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Monte-carlo - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Most Helpful|
Amazing car for the money
By brandon

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have fallen in love with this car. It has been a blast to drive. Only thing makes it so great is that the 3.9 liter engine is breath taking for the gas mileage. It is amazing, it just smokes all my friends cars in everthing. I could never ask for nothing more from this car. It delivers all a guy going into college could want. muscle car power with the looks and comfront of luxury sedan which IS nothing more that anyone could ask for the price. Best car I have driven in a longtime. just a work of art in every way. A total dream to drive. You will love this car for the money

Favorite Features

Remote start, ipod attachment, gas mileage. Just everthing is perfect. But by far my alltime favorite is 240HP that 3.9 liter can dish out, plus sounds like a beast

Suggested Improvements

Nothing at all

The Worst Monte Carlo Poorly Built
By lbuckland

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This was the 2nd monte carlo I purchase and believe me the worst. Problems first started 100 miles over warranty. Car would not shift into gear. Took to Chev was charged for a new ignition. Few months later same problem took to another shop told it was shifter cable. Pd again. About a yr later same problem. Next was the dash it started coming apart. Next, ac went out which happened with both monte carlos at 6 yrs. Well, now it is the transmission. As for the car not shifting if was the shifter when you would try and push button down to put in gear it would not go but would do it randomly. Finally, I figured out after so many times of paying it was mainly in the winter. Well, needless to say.

Favorite Features

Size and body style

Suggested Improvements

Very cheap made.

I love this car can't stay out of it
By jered90

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car i bought mine is may of 2011 for my birthday it had 106,000 miles on it and now it has 109,290 this one of the best car i have ever own it has lots of room and is so smooth for anybody wanting to buy one GET IT it is a dark grey with the grey hubcaps love it.

Favorite Features

How quick it take off and how smooth it is.

Suggested Improvements

A digital dashboard would be nice.

Pretty car..too many transmission problems
By Charlene

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car actually belongs to my mother, but due to eye problems, I am the driver. My mother purchased the car in Nov. of 2007. Since the purchase, we've had a new transmission installed and had to have it checked twice after that. Now there is a problem with the shifting the car from Park to Drive,etc. The shift has become stiff and it takes two hands to get it to move. Love the car, hate the problems we've had.

Favorite Features

Color, body style

Suggested Improvements

Not being a "car person" I don't know, I would just like to be able to use one hand to shift from park, to drive or reverse.

Monte Carlo
By skip

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car has been a dream to own. No maintance problems. Makes me wonder why anyone would buy Japanese. 31 mpg on the road overall average 26 mpg.

Favorite Features

OnStar, stereo

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders