2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
06 Monte Carlo SS LS4
By roryreview on 12/04/14 12:28 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was looking for a new car, test drove 08 Mustang GT, 10 Camaro SS & Challenger RT. The Monte SS by far was the most fun to drive, I really didn't expect anything from it. After the test drive I put money down to hold the car, I knew it was a winner. I am not saying this car would burn these others in a race but the acceleration on the SS made me instantly want it. When you step on the gas the HP goes right to the wheels, no delay. No one understands just how fast these LS4's are until they are behind the drivers seat. Even if your not in it for speed, it is a very comfortable car to drive in.The best part of my day is coming & going to work.

The Worst Monte Carlo Poorly Built
By lbuckland on 04/08/14 14:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This was the 2nd monte carlo I purchase and believe me the worst. Problems first started 100 miles over warranty. Car would not shift into gear. Took to Chev was charged for a new ignition. Few months later same problem took to another shop told it was shifter cable. Pd again. About a yr later same problem. Next was the dash it started coming apart. Next, ac went out which happened with both monte carlos at 6 yrs. Well, now it is the transmission. As for the car not shifting if was the shifter when you would try and push button down to put in gear it would not go but would do it randomly. Finally, I figured out after so many times of paying it was mainly in the winter. Well, needless to say.

Used
By allisonmarie13 on 05/29/13 20:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe w/3LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my car at a dealership for $1,200 off the sticker price; I walked out paying $6,000 even for everything, including the plate. The car had over 100,000 miles on it, but they were high way miles, so the car is still in EXCELLENT condition. Although it has a high amount of high way miles, it still runs like it's brand new. The car is in perfect condition, exterior and interior. I have been driving it for almost a year and the only problem I've had is an obnoxious clicking that seems to be related to the air vents. Other than that, it is a WONDERFUL car.

Practical Coupe
By jctuning on 07/15/12 19:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very practical. Large trunk, has great fuel economy. Sat in the back for 200 miles down to South Dakota and it was very comfortable. Wish I had the leather seat option though. Front wheel drive is great in the winter. Throw on some Conti Pro Contacts and I can go through 9 inches of snow with no problems on the unplowed roads. I do all my own matinence since I work at a shop which helps keep my costs down.

I love this car can't stay out of it
By jered90 on 07/31/11 16:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car i bought mine is may of 2011 for my birthday it had 106,000 miles on it and now it has 109,290 this one of the best car i have ever own it has lots of room and is so smooth for anybody wanting to buy one GET IT it is a dark grey with the grey hubcaps love it.

Qalking
By alan on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my monte ss brand new in 06. Was very disappointed today when transmission went out at only 70,000 miles. Made me think I was driving a dodge. That's 3000 dollars I wasn't ready to spend.

Satisfied
By 06Monte on 08/31/10 09:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my Monte new while I worked at the dealership. The first 50,000 miles had very few problems with it. The only really thing was that I blew a power steering line and the junk tire pressure sensors. I had the keyless entry system (which reads the tire pressure sensors) replaced twice. And numerous amounts of sensors replaced before it fixed itself. After 50,000 the GMPP warranty paid for itself. Had control arms, wheel bearings, and tie rods replaced all at once. Had oil rings in the engine seize and had 8 new pistons and rings installed. Trust me I take care of this car! Nothing but 92+ octane and synthetic oil every 5,000 miles. All maintanence performed regularly.

(Not So) Proud Owner
By Will on 08/10/10 14:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe w/3LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I am the (not so) proud owner of what I thought was a nice used car. Bought this with 47,000k fully loaded, which isnt bad for a 2006, only to discover transmission problems two weeks and 300 miles after purchasing. I like the car, but am disgusted with its performance. It slams into gear from park and hesitates to get into first, often jerking into first gear. Was told the car had a warranty when purchasing only for the dealer to have no record of the warranty. Lucky me for purchasing a car out of warranty. After dealing with the Chevy dealer (seller) and GM, I can say the two have lost a longtime and formerly loyal GM customer. NEVER AGAIN!

'06 Monte-Best of a Tradition
By Alan on 05/22/10 03:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The only problem with my Monte, is that I should have bought the SS. I have had my Monte for 4 years, and to date, it has been bullet proof. The only problems have been a stale odor from the AC, and some earlier remote key issues. It has 44,000 miles on it, and I have changed my oil every 3,000 miles, and recently switched to Mobil One, and installed a K&N air filter. The brakes are original, and have over 50% remaining. My Monte is a glossy black, with fabric seats (should have been leather), that are too light in color, and show dirt. It is sporty, and can get out of its own way, even with the 3.5 L engine. I have 44,000 miles, and plan to keep my car indefinitely.

06 monte carlo
By ross88 on 04/27/10 06:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i have had this car for a little over a year. i have pimped it out alittle put some 20's on it 1600waz stereo system in it and a little more i love it good power for a 3.5 i have been reading some of the reviews and some of the people have had power steering problems i have had that to. it is the power steering cooler line it rumbs on the exhaust and gets a hole i berned two pumps up because i couldnt fine the leek. there is recall on all of them. GM didnt use there brain on that one! other than that the car has been ok! i wish i got the SS i like a little speed! the 3.5 is pretty good big gas saver 30 miles to gallon. they are a really good car and looks great GM BRING BACK THE MONTE CARLO!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.