2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Review: Almost Perfect

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Review

SS Coupe (3.8L V6 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic)

Almost Perfect
By mcd1995 on

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My 2005 SS Monte Carlo was my personal dream car for my price range. After bypassing the 2004 Mustang Cobra because of price, I picked the Monte up used with 30k miles for just $13,000 and I'm loving it. The interior is very sleek, contrary to the Edmund's review. Trunk is HUGE and there's good interior space. The car itself gets a lot of looks. I'm now at 42k miles and have no major mechanical problems. Like most, I think Chevy ruined the Monte by not making it a manual RWD. Still, the monte can easily reach 300HP with $1400 in mods. I've used these mods, so I basically paid $14400 for about 310 HP, great styling, and comfort. Great deal.

Heated Seats, Moon Roof, Decent Gas mileage for a supercharged full-size car, styling, reliable and easily upgradeable engine if you seek more performance.

Would have been perfect if it was Manual RWD, More solid panel assembly (Plastic on interior door handle rubs and squeaks).
By cresenzosmith
on 03/19/15 08:17 AM (PDT)

What Mods did you buy to speed up the car?