Used 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Supercharged fun
By GIVEMEPOWER

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

The Supercharged SS is the only way to go with this vehicle. While power could be greatly improved yet to keep up with Mustang and Charger, overall the vehicle has decent pickup. Great handling and a simple but spacious interior make this a fun car to drive... a real head turner.

My favorite feature on this vehicle is the heated seats. Laugh if you want, but if you have a bad lower back you will understand, very comfortable seating.

Horsepower, although this coupe is not really meant for blazing speed, it would have been nice to offer a 300 horse version for the race enthusiast

The best car I've ever had
By dgingeri

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car is the best car I've had, and even better than most I've ridden in. Awesome styling. This car looks both strong and sleek, truly the return of the muscle car. Better milage and more power than my last car, and I get to keep the air conditioning on. Leave it off if you want the better gas mileage, but it does degrade the power and mileage

Overall styling, return of the muscle car looks, with a modern twist. It lacks the 'bubble car' looks of too many of the current cars.

Better air conditioning. The A/C saps the mileage and power too much. This could be done with thermo-electric (Peltier) cooling better than the current method. Come on GM, get with the times, but not too much

Nice Car
By J Dancik

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Very good, reliable car. People still look at it, as it is a very good looking auto.

Styling

Not to much other then to dress up the interior of the base Monte Carlo model

Monte Family
By Patti Baughman

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. It is my first brand new vehicle and it is great. It rides well, its comfortable to drive. The styling is good. I did not like the looks of the '06 so we got an '05. This car is very driver oriented. Plenty of room inside for passengers. We are now proud owners of 1970, 1998, and 2005 Monte Carlo's.

I love the OnStar feature. Its nice to know help is there when/if you need it. I also love the radio controls in the steering wheel.

The only improvements I can see would be a little better gas mileage.

Supercharged SS
By Kimberly Roach

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have had my Supercharged SS for just over 2 months and I love it! It is fun to drive. It turns heads everywhere I go! I shopped around before buying the Monte Carlo, and I couldn't be happier with the decision I made. It is a little rough on gas, but the good looks and speed make up for that!

The supercharged engine