2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
GREAT CAR!
By Starbreaker666 on 03/10/05 09:41 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This car has met every expectation and demand I have placed on it and smiles back. I have been a pick-up driver most of my driving life. I just traded a great Dodge truck off for this one. I am getting 33 MPG on my highway trips. More then enough power to play around and get one's self in trouble with. The interior is simple and very functional. More then enough room for my 6' frame. I love this car.

Above average Monte Carlo
By Raze on 02/19/05 17:12 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The auto industry criticizes the Monte Carlo for being subpar, but it is actually a great vehicle. It has guts, and enough performance potential to put a smile on anybody's face. There are also many parts available for a good price. The car is also very reliable. I know people with Monte Carlos and they say that they never had a problem and neither have I. The interior design may be a little outdated, but it is comfortable and functional, so it works. Fuel economy is pretty good, and if you like the design then I guarantee that you will love the car. The low and wide stance helps give that car good handling and great stability on the highway. this car is actually much better than average.

Love my car
By Happy driver on 02/19/05 10:42 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Fell in love with the look of my car months ago. When it came time to buy a new car, I test drove the Monte Carlo..... It is pure joy to drive. Handling was great, pickup was awesome, stereo was wonderful. While driving, even at high speeds, it is very quiet. No road or engine noise. Driving to and from work is fun.

Average...to the EXTREME
By samdc on 02/06/05 02:55 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Front wheel drive. It isn't too fast, but not underpowered. It has a few decent interior features, but feels cheap. There is no road-feel, which may or may not be a good thing depending on your taste. It has unique styling (again: which may or may not be good.) For a 6cyl it should get better mileage. Lots of road noise. Smallish backseat. Odd headlight controls. Front wheel drive.

A real eye catcher!
By imintune777 on 01/23/05 11:43 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

The Supercharged SS Monte Carlo is a great car to drive. Acceleration and handling in rush hour traffic is a plus. This automobile will respond and handle well when other drivers have their heads where the sun don't shine. These cars do not even start smiling until they are doing about 75 miles per hour. Great gas mileage and plenty of zip. A real eye catcher also. This is our second Monte Carlo SS. We also have the 2002 model and have enjoyed both. The Supercharged SS is my baby, however!

You cant beat this car.
By ssmonte carlo on 01/12/05 06:56 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car. It may be old engineering, but what this means is that is has never been back to the dealer for any problems. Fun to drive and you dont need the supercharger, which requires premium gas. .

My Monte My Baby
By My Monte My Baby on 01/06/05 16:36 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I love this car. I think it handles better than the Mustang. It drvies so smooth and it dosen't even feel like your going fast. I dropped it an inch and I put 20 inch rims on it and it feels even better. It has a very spacious interior and its far more comfortable for passengers than most coupes.

poor quality
By Steve on 12/02/04 02:11 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is my 2nd car has been a nightmare since the 2nd month. (First car was an 88 chevy pick up still have it) Took delivery, about 2 months later the computer fried, fixed under warranty. I drive it like a grandma for another couple of months, then the brakes go at 9K miles. Bring it to get a punctured tire fixed, they tell me the that the rear tires are bald on the inside; this at under 20K miles. They tell me that the car must have been off alignment from the factory. When you are in a turn and hit a bump, the steering mechanism or a wheel feels like it is going to fall off. Will never buy Chevy or American EVER again. Traded the car in for a Subaru and have not looked back since.

I love my Monte Carlo
By ADianeS on 11/17/04 05:56 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the best rides I have ever owned. I had 1999 Mustang and loved it, but the comfort and performance of the Monte Carlo is far better. I love it.

my new monte carlo
By tim southern on 11/13/04 11:58 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The new Chevrolet Monte Carlo that I recently purchased is both sporty and practical. I use it to grocery shop and take long drives to visit friends just for examples. It gets good gas mileage and has plenty of pickup off of starts. I am extremely happy with my purchase so far.