Used 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Love it in RED
By Wendy

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Even though we have had my Monte for only two weeks, I LOVE IT. Our old car had a sunroof which we miss, so having one installed. Read the review about not much of a winter car, so we will see about that since we live in Iowa. As far as ABS, I never like those brakes on my old car, felt like I wasn't in control, my car took over. Didn't like that, so I'm actually glad my Monte didn't come with ABS. We love the Cardinal Red color as well.

Dash board sleek design. Body design as well.

Nothing right now.

My second Monte Carlo
By eddiep

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My first Monte Carlo was a 1977, now my '05. Both designs I like, and I like the CD player over the 8-track! Also I like the front wheel drive, better traction than back in '77.

Exterior styling

Better center console compartment. Needs to be segmented into smaller compartments so its easlier to find things.

My 4th Monte, the best yet.
By Phil24

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is my 4th Monte Carlo in a row, and its been the most fun to drive out of them. The supercharger gives a lot of added excitement and preformance that my 2001 SS lacked. Speaking of preformance, the car handles great in all types of adverse weather, no tendency to spin in the snow or hydroplane in the rain at all. Im a large person (6'6 and 300 pounds) and this car is extreamly comfortable for me to drive, both short trips and extended drives over 4 hours.

Agressive exterior styling;interior comfort on long drives; Fun to drive

Higher HP motor (avail in 2006) and upgraded interior features. Slightly better MPG (also avail with the '06 V8 motor) Actual preformance improvements for "sticker (like Stewart or Gordon) versions".

A Very Good Car
By Brian

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Chevy did a nice job with this car. It's comfortable and stylish (the ladies love it - NO JOKE!). Acceleration and gas mileage with the 3.4L V6 aren't this engine's strong suits, but it's relatively smooth and works well with the 4-speed auto trans. Steering is slightly overassisted, but handling is decent. After nearly 12,000 miles, no problems, except for slightly warped brake rotors which I'll have checked and probably replaced under warranty soon. The interior could stand more usable storage space up front, but overall, no complaints. Great sound from CD stereo.

Solid ride, styling, and reliability thus far.

After much searching, I couldn't find a Monte equipped WITH ABS, so I went without it, but come on, GM, get with it! An MSRP of nearly $25K should at least buy me ABS in this day and age. ABS and front/side/curtain airbags come standard on a Honda Civic, for crying out loud!

Chevys Best
By Larry Gehrs

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have a Tony Stewart special edition Monte Carlo 2005 ,supercharged, The car is very fast and the car is good handling. For the up most, the car is built strong and sturdy. Very well built and one of the best on the road

Body style and comfort, plus fast

The only thing is gas mileage, but for the power, it's worth it.