2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
My First Monte Carlo
By Antoine Santiago on 07/05/05 15:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first sports car. I have always wanted a sports car and I choose the Monte Carlo. I love the new look and it's a large two door coupe, with plenty of inside room. It's also an American car and I believe in the support of American made cars. The monte carlo is a fun car and ladies love it.

Monte SS
By NEONAL on 06/24/05 15:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Have only had car six weeks but thoroughly enjoy it. Very smooth acceleration and comfortable ride! Gas mileage not great, but power is good!

Geezer Sport
By Nancy on 06/16/05 14:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

A comfortable, easy car to get in and out of, with an engine that beats most other cars off the starting line. OnStar is nice, and the satellite radio is wonderful. The ease of controls being on the steering wheel is great. It fits tall and short people. The styling is retro and it has the hints of Monte Carlos in the 70's.

The Full Monte
By Barry Panzer on 06/06/05 11:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love this car. i previously owned a Jag X-type and CTS. Tons of features, extremely comfortable front seats, great visibility, and solid powerful ride. Black with spoiler is a knockout. The cabin is very quiet, and the trunk is spacious. Not too many around, if unique matters. No glitches on delivery. Perfect, if car is rarely full. Fabulous audio. If you read about the small back seat, it's true, but calling controls "cheap" is silly. All devices are sensible, easy to operate and if you need the fake plastic burled wood look, buy something else.

Great fun to drive car with comfort.
By C. J. on 05/25/05 09:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car is better than the 2000 Monte Carlo. The gas mileage is about the same (34) on trips, but the comfort is much better. XM radio is great along with the OnStar and telephone. Great eye catching vehicle.

2005 Monte Carlo LT
By Fred on 05/09/05 17:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Traded a 2003 Monte Carlo SS for this 2005 Monte Carlo LT. Equipped with the same options. But the fuel mileage is less than the old car (average highway mileage is (2003) 26.8 vs. (2005) 23.5). Other than that it's a great car.

Excellent Car. 240 HP - 28 MPG
By Michael on 05/01/05 13:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Half the miles I drive are on the highway. This car is a quiet ride on the highway. I'm averaging 28 MPG. The seats are big are comfortable. The steering wheel mounted controls allow you to control the radio function and cruise control. Overall it has been a great car for me. I highly recomend this car. It definitely has enough horsepower as well. It's fun to turn of fthe traction control and smoke the front tires.

Paint
By Ed Marcado on 05/01/05 11:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The only thing that I have had a problem with, (which chevy is taking care of) is that the paint on the hood has chiped very easy. The 2nd week of ownership I took it on an 3000 mile drive and the car was so smooth and the gas mielage was unbelievable. I say 9.8 out of 10.

My first new car
By Linda on 04/02/05 12:19 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first new car purchased solely by myself. I got what I wanted a new Monte Carlo. I fell in love with the style. As a fairly new NASCAR fan I just had to have this car. It looks like no other car out there in a world of cars that all look pretty much the same. My passengers have told me the ride is very smooth and I agree. All the new technology is a bit overwelming and takes alot of learning. I think I will enjoy this car and always learning more about it.

2005 Monte Carlo owner
By mike loftus on 03/20/05 16:25 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

We looked at Maximas, Camrys, Accords and went into the Chevy dealers to look at the Impala but one look at this gorgeous blue/silver coupe and we had to take it for a test drive! It compared better than those above mentioned in several areas so we bought it. So far very happy indeed all around, I have had several compliments from strangers and I love how it handles and holds the road.