Used 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Tony Stewart SS is a keeper
By Bob Hendrichs

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought my Tony Stewart 2005 SS a year and a half ago. I have had several people offer me more than I paid for it. This car is a keeper. If you have one hang on to it. It will be a collectable. What a sweet ride.

Everything

None

Tony Stewart SS
By Bob Carter

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Tony Stewart SS model and have had it for about a year. I have had no problems. This car is a real head turner. Don't buy anything but an SS--this baby will get out and go

Style

None

Awesome
By LAURA

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Monte for 2 weeks. I love it, love it, love it. Where are the handling problems I have read about? It handles like a dream. No abs is fine with me, I want the control. As far as hydroplaning, not once have I experienced that. This car is peppy, and I finally found a car that agrees with me and my pickiness.

Exterior and interior, awesome. It looks "bad" even when it sits still. Interior is roomy, and I have plush interior. Very comfortable.

None that I can think of. Keep up the good work Chevy. This car is awesome!

Great Road Car
By wyocolo

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've put 18k miles on my Monte in seven months and it has been the best car I've owned. I bought it because I needed good gas mileage and after all the incentives and rebates last summer, loaded it was cheaper than a fairly stripped Civic. Every day I drive 70 miles round trip and I average 28MPG which I think is great considering I live at 9300' altitude and work at 5000' so its either going up hill in passing gear or down all the time. I have had no problems or repairs and its a very comfortable car to drive. If your concerned about its ability to handle snow and ice, get the traction control option and as long as the front end doesn't start plowing snow you will be fine.

Traction Control Sunroof XM & sound system Steering Wheel Controls Comfortable ride gas mileage

Low ground clearence on the front end. Front seatbelts obstruct entry to rear seats.

Love it in RED
By Wendy

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Even though we have had my Monte for only two weeks, I LOVE IT. Our old car had a sunroof which we miss, so having one installed. Read the review about not much of a winter car, so we will see about that since we live in Iowa. As far as ABS, I never like those brakes on my old car, felt like I wasn't in control, my car took over. Didn't like that, so I'm actually glad my Monte didn't come with ABS. We love the Cardinal Red color as well.

Dash board sleek design. Body design as well.

Nothing right now.