Used 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Awesome car!
By Alex Stevenson

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car as a Certified Used Vehicle from Lithia in Alaska. From the sticker in the trunk and how it got shipped around, with a lack of winterization, I determined it was a rental until its 27000 miles, then was sent around to be sold. Its currently at 58000 miles. The car is great. I love how it doesn't feel cheaply built, I love how the doors are heavy, as with the rest of the car. It sticks to pavement with the greatest of ease. I bought Triple Tread tires for it, and it gets around well in the winters with ice, but I'm sure with Blizzaks it would be a tank. However, its not really a winter car in that respect. The power on the LS isn't that great, and the LS cant be chipped.

Weight. Design. Power. Awesome power, just awful that there are no chips to put into the LS.

This car has a lot of road noise. I bought the spray on noise dampener for the undercarriage and quiet tires, but the road noise is pretty loud. Other than that, FANTASTIC car.

2005 Monte Carlo LS
By Dan

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my monte over 4 years ago used with about 20,000 miles, now I have a little over 123,000 miles and it still runs like new. I have had a few problems minor problems but i have spent less than $500 in repairs in over 100,000 miles. The car has good acceleration for passing and is fun to drive.

The stereo is great. This is the only car that I have ever had that I did not swap out all speakers and head unit.

The back seats have plenty of leg room, but it would be nice if the power seats would move forward automatically when folded for rear seat entry.

2005 Monte
By sd74oklahoma

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Blue Ribbon treated me great! The car runs great- of course I take good care of her with regular oil changes and such... Minimal issues all expected with running a car. Very happy.

I love the exterior and get lots of comments on it. It is comforatble- the back seats are big. The trunk is huge!

I wish I had all the extras that came with these cars. They look great with the sun roof, leather interior, and spoiler.

Dissapointment
By stup62

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned this car since July, 2005. Am very disappointed with Chevy. So much so, I am switching brands. I have had Chevys all my life, but never owned a piece of junk like this car. Have had the battery replaced, the power steering pump and belt replaced the steering shaft replaced, (now needs it again), the drivers side seatbelt replaced. Replaced the junk goodyear tires at 24,000 miles, were wore down to the tread bars. Not happy with this car. Wouldn't recommend Chevy to anybody.

Exterior looks

Improve how you produce a car, take pride in what you make

Lemone'
By Tyler

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned the car less than 6 months and had a tie rod end go out, the shifter break, the lights will occasionally turn off and then back on - on a dark night, the tranny will go to a 'super stall mode' on occasion, CV axle go bad. There is a lot of road and door-side noise (from poor manufacturing - sealing). Other than that... it gets approximately 28 MPG AVG. The motor has a little bit of spunk to it, and a high end speed is very comfortable, and you don't feel like your losing control of the vehicle. 60-85 feels relatively the same, 85 - top some extra noise, but very controllable. Brakes are very responsive. Any speed over 60 MPH, and gas mileage drops dramatically though.

Simple, responsive, good avg. mileage. Very nice exterior, esp. rear. Car learns how you drive. If easy, you wont feel it shift. Very smooth. If hot rodding... You will feel it like a good stall converter.

Needs more aggressive grille. Wish it wasn't made in China (Sigh...). The design is very nice. But, the quality of parts is downright insulting to an American, down to the level of an import. I would expect this workmanship from a Nissan. Not a Chevy!