2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Awesome car!
By Alex Stevenson on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car as a Certified Used Vehicle from Lithia in Alaska. From the sticker in the trunk and how it got shipped around, with a lack of winterization, I determined it was a rental until its 27000 miles, then was sent around to be sold. Its currently at 58000 miles. The car is great. I love how it doesn't feel cheaply built, I love how the doors are heavy, as with the rest of the car. It sticks to pavement with the greatest of ease. I bought Triple Tread tires for it, and it gets around well in the winters with ice, but I'm sure with Blizzaks it would be a tank. However, its not really a winter car in that respect. The power on the LS isn't that great, and the LS cant be chipped.

2005 Monte Carlo LS
By Dan on 04/11/10 21:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my monte over 4 years ago used with about 20,000 miles, now I have a little over 123,000 miles and it still runs like new. I have had a few problems minor problems but i have spent less than $500 in repairs in over 100,000 miles. The car has good acceleration for passing and is fun to drive.

2005 Monte
By sd74oklahoma on 01/26/08 17:05 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Blue Ribbon treated me great! The car runs great- of course I take good care of her with regular oil changes and such... Minimal issues all expected with running a car. Very happy.

Dissapointment
By stup62 on 01/21/08 04:46 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned this car since July, 2005. Am very disappointed with Chevy. So much so, I am switching brands. I have had Chevys all my life, but never owned a piece of junk like this car. Have had the battery replaced, the power steering pump and belt replaced the steering shaft replaced, (now needs it again), the drivers side seatbelt replaced. Replaced the junk goodyear tires at 24,000 miles, were wore down to the tread bars. Not happy with this car. Wouldn't recommend Chevy to anybody.

Lemone'
By Tyler on 12/04/07 21:47 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned the car less than 6 months and had a tie rod end go out, the shifter break, the lights will occasionally turn off and then back on - on a dark night, the tranny will go to a 'super stall mode' on occasion, CV axle go bad. There is a lot of road and door-side noise (from poor manufacturing - sealing). Other than that... it gets approximately 28 MPG AVG. The motor has a little bit of spunk to it, and a high end speed is very comfortable, and you don't feel like your losing control of the vehicle. 60-85 feels relatively the same, 85 - top some extra noise, but very controllable. Brakes are very responsive. Any speed over 60 MPH, and gas mileage drops dramatically though.

Great all around car
By nutsovernascar on 11/04/07 11:08 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I leased this car almost 2 1/2 years ago and I am sorry the lease is almost up.The car runs and handles great.The fuel milage is incredible(30 highway and 24 local driving).That is at regular driving conditions not babying the car.I am very upset that Chevy will not be producing the Monte Carlo in 2008.

I am surprised
By Hurricane Carrie on 07/24/07 18:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have been surprised by this car. I had no idea this car was so outstanding in gas mileage and performance. I am very pleased with this vehicle. I traded vehicles approximately once a year until I found this one.

A great car at a great price.
By BigCL on 03/08/07 10:15 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 2005 Monte Carlo for about 9 months now. So far it's been a great car. There aren't too many coupes that seat a person over 6ft very well. The Monte Carlo has plenty of headroom and leg room and. Power from the 3.4L is decent. Capable of passing on the highway without a struggle. The interior is quiet, with very little engine noise(in fact sometimes its hard to tell weather or not the car started when you turn the ignition), and I have yet to hear any wind noise even at highway speed. I would reccomend this vechilce to anyone looking for a 2dr coupe at an affordable price.

Awesome car, happy Gramma!
By LAURA on 02/27/07 15:29 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have always enjoyed the three previous Chevys I owned. (Chevelle, Malibu Classic, Monte Carlo. I purchased my current Monte Carlo last February 05, 2006. Plenty of room in back, as I use a wheelchair, and I am able to put it behind the passenger side front bucketseat. I have no problems with that process. Long live the two door mid-size Monte!

Great American Car
By Russ on 02/24/07 17:38 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car, I would buy another in a heartbeat. The power of the 3.4L V-6 is great and it still gets great gas mileage. The ride is extremely smooth and quiet, like a luxury car. The interior is very comfortable and has held up well. The trunk is larger than any other car I have ever seen.