Used 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Nice car!
By nissianjeff

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Looks good, inside and out. Love the light Gold color! Stereo sounds great! Comfy ride, in town or on Freeway. I did however have an issue with the headlights not working at night, while the day running lights DID still work. It needed a new multi function switch. Rather pricy part! The read tail light lens are getting full of hair line cracks in em too. That dont look to good, will have to replce soon I recon? Good milage! Friends all like it too. Good cold duel control AC, nice! Power everything! The fuel gage now is acting a lil squirlly. Dont always read right. I'm being told it may need a whole new instrument cluster. Also told, thats NOT cheap either! All in all though, love this car!

Favorite Features

The style of the body. The sound system. The QUITE confortable ride!

Suggested Improvements

Better rear tail light lens, that dont get all the lil hair line cracks in em. More dependable multi function/bright light switch! I hear that is a very common problem on these!!

Awesome car!
By Alex Stevenson

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car as a Certified Used Vehicle from Lithia in Alaska. From the sticker in the trunk and how it got shipped around, with a lack of winterization, I determined it was a rental until its 27000 miles, then was sent around to be sold. Its currently at 58000 miles. The car is great. I love how it doesn't feel cheaply built, I love how the doors are heavy, as with the rest of the car. It sticks to pavement with the greatest of ease. I bought Triple Tread tires for it, and it gets around well in the winters with ice, but I'm sure with Blizzaks it would be a tank. However, its not really a winter car in that respect. The power on the LS isn't that great, and the LS cant be chipped.

Favorite Features

Weight. Design. Power. Awesome power, just awful that there are no chips to put into the LS.

Suggested Improvements

This car has a lot of road noise. I bought the spray on noise dampener for the undercarriage and quiet tires, but the road noise is pretty loud. Other than that, FANTASTIC car.

After 5 years
By wes

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Very comfy seats, Paint color is awesome/Laser Blue but the paint chipped real easy from hwy. rocks. A/C doesn't cool enough because of the hot dash. I had my windows tinted, Rides good/XM/ON STAR

Favorite Features

Very soft seats/softer than my Mom's Lexus' seats. Heated seats, helps my lower back

Suggested Improvements

Less plastic/ more cup holders. Dash is way to hot while driving

2005 Monte Carlo LS
By Dan

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my monte over 4 years ago used with about 20,000 miles, now I have a little over 123,000 miles and it still runs like new. I have had a few problems minor problems but i have spent less than $500 in repairs in over 100,000 miles. The car has good acceleration for passing and is fun to drive.

Favorite Features

The stereo is great. This is the only car that I have ever had that I did not swap out all speakers and head unit.

Suggested Improvements

The back seats have plenty of leg room, but it would be nice if the power seats would move forward automatically when folded for rear seat entry.

2005 Monte Carlo Supercharged SS
By Eva

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought my Monte SS used, but let me tell you it is a sweetheart. I am a middle aged woman who loves to drive fast. I have no problem holding the go pedal to the floor. Its also amuses me to shut off the traction control on the console and smoke the heck out of the front tires, some times I have to take off my high heels to make sure the pedal is completely pushed to the floor and I also like the feeling of power going up my leg driving in my stocking feet. Totally awesome car!!

Favorite Features

Heated seats because I wear alot of dresses

Suggested Improvements

More HP, Rev Limiter cuts out at 115 mph or soo