Never Again.
By am12 on
2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
I would never buy a Monte Carlo again. I love my car but I have had it for almost 3 years and have had nothing but problems. I am having to get my roters changed CONSTANTLY. If not, and I am on interstate and slowing down to get on the off ramp, it shakes horribly. Anyone else? Then sometimes when I turn real sharp, it makes a screeching noise and sounds like my power steering is going to go out. Now recently, it has been leaking antifreeze and overheating. I talked to a dealer and he, himself even said they are nice cars, but have many mechanical problems.
By finallygotone
on 02/26/13 08:17 AM (PST)

I had the same brake complaint until I installed compitition grade rotors on the rear along with Comp. rated pads. Now after three years the brakes are operateing as they should. Factory rotors tend to rust especiolly on the rear. Chevy told me I would have to live with this factory defect after the warrenty ran out. I did the installation so it only cost about $200 in parts. The leaking antifreeze is because of the factory installed DEXCOOL, it eats head gaskets, look it up on DeXCOOL site. I changed mine to the old green coolant and have had no problems at all.