2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Review: Best Monte Carlo since the 197

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Review

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Best Monte Carlo since the 1970 version
By Scott Riggi on

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My Father bought the first Monte Carlo in 1970, which had the 400 small block engine. I have owned the 1977, 1987 and the 2004. As I stated the 2004 supercharged is my favorite. Everything you could ask for in a sport car coup. The coups are a dying breed. And the same has hit the Monte Carlo again. If I am going to purchase a four door I will purchase a Cadillac or LIncoln. Which I have done in the past. The change over from the 2004-2005 to the last version is not very attractive compared to the 2004 version. Gone are the bowtie headlamps. Gone the hood design and front and rear quarter panels. The only good thing was the V8.

Body design, Supercharged V6, interior, xm radio comfort seating. Heated seating. Once you have heated seating (which in upstate New York is appreciated) it is hard to go back and not have them. Great stereo system. XM, CD and cassette. who has that any more. Cassettes being the 8 track for today.

I wish that GM had the for sight to have the onstar in digital and not analog. Great feature I used it more than ounce to report accidents and accidents waiting to happen. Quickest response you could ever have.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review