Used 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

My Most Favorite Car!
By tishpalm

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We have enjoyed our car very much. It handles well & we love driving it. We get a lot of compliments! The quality is not so great. We've had this car a little over 2 years, and several things have not held up. We did prefer mag wheels, but did not have that choice.

The style, color, sound of stereo, and the way it rides.

Have a choice of rims, better quality products, type of rain guard. Other than that it's all good.

Perfect Compromise! Get One Now!
By barnhouse2

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My wife has never let me forget about someone rear-ending me (actually a hit and run)and totalling her 1994 Cavalier Z-24. We ended up "replacing" it with a loaded 2000 LeSabre a couple of years ago. Both cars were great, but so far our Monte Carlo SS could not be a more perfect fit and compromise of both cars. Black leather on black is really cool and has already gotten lots of compliments from several after only a few days. The creature comforts are similar to a luxury car, yet the sporty features make it extremely fun to drive. The gas mileage is very respectable @ 28ish mpg! I hadn't initially pursued one with a supercharger, but I'm glad I found one. Very smooth/fun!

This is a very road-worthy car due to its many features Chevrolet has incorporated. Many of the basic features (i.e. climate control, stereo, steering controls, electric seats) seem to be similar on many GM cars. GM works the bugs out and has a great product that you shouldn't have to worry about!

My wife and I already miss not having "memory" seats, but it's not a big deal since I've just decided I'll be driving the car all the time! The sunroof seems to make a bit more noise than on GM cars where the roofs are "sunk" while in the open position.

DW's Review
By DW Waters

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Chevy has a winner. The only thing I would change would be rear wheel drive and a V8. I am a big person and this car fits me beautiful.Driving this car reminds me of 60's and seventy's. Very comfortably. Thanks Chevy.

Appearance inside and out.

V8 and rear wheel drive.

Excellent Car!! I Love Mine!!
By Sherry

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car has really suprised me. The gas mileage is excellent. I get an average of 400 miles to the tank. It cost me between $30 & $35 to fill up depending on the price of gas. The most it costed was about $45. It holds 15 gallons if that helps. The car is extremely comfortable and very sporty. Men love it!! So I highly recommend it to single women.

Gas mileage, exterior looks and interior comfort.

A built in ashtray

Nice car, I love it
By M

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

It is the best car I've bought new so far. My only single concern is the market stinks for them. I've had two problems with it, the transmission made a hard bang when it was first put into reverse and given the gas, and the front baring in the driver side when out on a road trip to Mardi Gras this year and that was a 1200 miles on way trip.. Made for some loud humming!!! Otherwise I love the car, it's fun to goose it, I’ve noticed several people stare at it (today a guy in a Silverado just stared at it when we were at a red light!) I love it. It's black with the silver trim.

How quiet it is