Used 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Monte-carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Excellent Car!! I Love Mine!!
By Sherry

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car has really suprised me. The gas mileage is excellent. I get an average of 400 miles to the tank. It cost me between $30 & $35 to fill up depending on the price of gas. The most it costed was about $45. It holds 15 gallons if that helps. The car is extremely comfortable and very sporty. Men love it!! So I highly recommend it to single women.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, exterior looks and interior comfort.

Suggested Improvements

A built in ashtray

Nice car, I love it
By M

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

It is the best car I've bought new so far. My only single concern is the market stinks for them. I've had two problems with it, the transmission made a hard bang when it was first put into reverse and given the gas, and the front baring in the driver side when out on a road trip to Mardi Gras this year and that was a 1200 miles on way trip.. Made for some loud humming!!! Otherwise I love the car, it's fun to goose it, Iíve noticed several people stare at it (today a guy in a Silverado just stared at it when we were at a red light!) I love it. It's black with the silver trim.

Favorite Features

How quiet it is

Suggested Improvements

I wish mine had a v8, need to retain value, over-priced

Return os the SS
By bcayton

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have always loved performance cars, but since the late 70's "performance" wasn't affordable..Then I drove a 2004 Dale Earnhardt Jr. signature series, supercharged Monte Carlo SS. Chevy has hit a home run with this one. Welcome back SS.

Favorite Features

3800 supercharged V6. Sport tuned suspension, 280 watt sound system

Suggested Improvements

Needs to be rear wheel drive

Monte Carlo 2004
By Kristina

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car is great and very reliable. I'm a single mom though of 4 children. I really need to get a larger car. However I love my Monte Carlo! This car is very comfortable even with my children in the car. 4 doors would be nice though.

Favorite Features

I love the tough sporty look of the car. It shows style and class. You will be respected driving this car.

Suggested Improvements

I would love to have a Monte Carlo with a little more inside room. I understand if not possible because we could always buy a van huh? It just wouldn't be as cool. Parents want to look cool as well as drive a sporty stylish vehicle! Give us a Monte that will also be a family car with style!

A to B has never had so many compliments
By MR B

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is my 2nd Monte Carlo. The 1st was a 2000 SS & I was planning on keeping it much longer but was offered a great deal on the 2004 Dale Ernhart Jr. model. I am a paraplegic & getting my wheelchair in & out is a must in any car. In the past, the car that fit best was usually a plain 2 door. Since I've had these last 2 cars I've had well over 100 compliments on them. That's felt real nice, along with the performance and reliability I'd have to say they have been my best cars in 32 years of driving.