Used 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

2nd Good Monte Carlo, Time to get the 3d
By Bryan

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my LS almost 3 years ago and it has performed well. Good performance, Very dependable, and fun to drive. The only major repair I had was to replace a wheel after striking a curb I didn't see, so that's not the fault of the car. In fact I'm getting ready to trade it for a 2007 because I liked it so much.

Favorite Features

Room inside. Gas mileage. Trunk size.

Suggested Improvements

My only real complaint would be the cup holder right under the center dash cluster. Almost useless for any cups or bottles.

"Expert" under-rated
By 1_Jones_Boy

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We love our MC. We rented one in Orlando before buying, and I wanted to get one with the Buick 3.8 L before they discontinued (they last forever). Without the SC we use regular, get 34 mpg without AC and driving 60-65, 32-32 with AC and driving 70. Overall average is 29. We tinted the windows and put on aftermarket wheels. Excellent legroom in front and back, can merge and pass easily, and this is the only car that looks like its NASCAR version.

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage, comfortable seats, large trunk, good performance when needed.

Suggested Improvements

Seat belt retractors too weak, and door hold-open devices a little weak for oversize doors especially when parked nose up a little.

My Most Favorite Car!
By tishpalm

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We have enjoyed our car very much. It handles well & we love driving it. We get a lot of compliments! The quality is not so great. We've had this car a little over 2 years, and several things have not held up. We did prefer mag wheels, but did not have that choice.

Favorite Features

The style, color, sound of stereo, and the way it rides.

Suggested Improvements

Have a choice of rims, better quality products, type of rain guard. Other than that it's all good.

Perfect Compromise! Get One Now!
By barnhouse2

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My wife has never let me forget about someone rear-ending me (actually a hit and run)and totalling her 1994 Cavalier Z-24. We ended up "replacing" it with a loaded 2000 LeSabre a couple of years ago. Both cars were great, but so far our Monte Carlo SS could not be a more perfect fit and compromise of both cars. Black leather on black is really cool and has already gotten lots of compliments from several after only a few days. The creature comforts are similar to a luxury car, yet the sporty features make it extremely fun to drive. The gas mileage is very respectable @ 28ish mpg! I hadn't initially pursued one with a supercharger, but I'm glad I found one. Very smooth/fun!

Favorite Features

This is a very road-worthy car due to its many features Chevrolet has incorporated. Many of the basic features (i.e. climate control, stereo, steering controls, electric seats) seem to be similar on many GM cars. GM works the bugs out and has a great product that you shouldn't have to worry about!

Suggested Improvements

My wife and I already miss not having "memory" seats, but it's not a big deal since I've just decided I'll be driving the car all the time! The sunroof seems to make a bit more noise than on GM cars where the roofs are "sunk" while in the open position.

DW's Review
By DW Waters

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Chevy has a winner. The only thing I would change would be rear wheel drive and a V8. I am a big person and this car fits me beautiful.Driving this car reminds me of 60's and seventy's. Very comfortably. Thanks Chevy.

Favorite Features

Appearance inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

V8 and rear wheel drive.