Used 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

2004 Intimidator
By Intimidator04

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have a 2004 Monte Carlo Supercharged SS Intimidator Edition. It is car 2,909 of 4,000. It is a great car and has every available option. It's original price when new was over $33,000. Very nice, comfortable car, and it is sure to be a collector car in years to come. It has plenty of power, but the fuel economy could be better.

XM radio, leather, driver information center

Better fuel economy and regular gas

Love my MC Supercharged SS
By Lori B

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I absolutely love this car. My 6th MC and have a 2007 SS ordered but it is nowhere near a pretty as this one. MC's have been overlooked by GM and not given the attention they deserve. They feel solid, safe and really run. I have done nothing in 43000 miles except put in gas and change the oil. Only drawback has been the premium fuel with the supercharged model. I had a 2003 yellow MC before this superchared 2004 and strangers would walk up to me and tell me what a beautiful car I had. A lot! I can barely stand trading it in. I like the feeling I have while driving it. I truely hate GM for abandoning it. I have been looking at Honda's and Camry's if we can't deal on the 2007 MC.

Competition Yellow color.(Only available 2 years) Speed, handling, solid feel. Good ride. Headlights turn on and off by themselves. Sound system, dual temperature controls. Good leg room in back seat once you get in.

Keep making them. Put bright colors instead of the horrible dull shades. If I had wanted an Impala I would have bought one. Keep price realistic to start with and stop with all the rebates! Keep depreciation bleed down. If they were priced right to start with they would have better resale.

2004 Dale Jr. Monte Carlo SS
By MonteCarlo2004

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have little to no problem with my Dale Jr. Monte Carlo SS for the last 2 1/2 years.

I like the fact that it turns so many heads. It is still weird to me that people come up to me in parking lots and such to take a look at it and take pictures at stop lights.

The headliner should be secured a little better, tends to come unhooked when the sun roof is open. And for some reason, when the sunroof is open and you are driving west the XM radio cuts in and out. Could be just me, but happens almost everytime.

2nd Good Monte Carlo, Time to get the 3d
By Bryan

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my LS almost 3 years ago and it has performed well. Good performance, Very dependable, and fun to drive. The only major repair I had was to replace a wheel after striking a curb I didn't see, so that's not the fault of the car. In fact I'm getting ready to trade it for a 2007 because I liked it so much.

Room inside. Gas mileage. Trunk size.

My only real complaint would be the cup holder right under the center dash cluster. Almost useless for any cups or bottles.

"Expert" under-rated
By 1_Jones_Boy

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We love our MC. We rented one in Orlando before buying, and I wanted to get one with the Buick 3.8 L before they discontinued (they last forever). Without the SC we use regular, get 34 mpg without AC and driving 60-65, 32-32 with AC and driving 70. Overall average is 29. We tinted the windows and put on aftermarket wheels. Excellent legroom in front and back, can merge and pass easily, and this is the only car that looks like its NASCAR version.

Good gas mileage, comfortable seats, large trunk, good performance when needed.

Seat belt retractors too weak, and door hold-open devices a little weak for oversize doors especially when parked nose up a little.