2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Monte-carlo - Consumer Reviews

2004 Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Sort Reviews by

Supercharged is nice but not perfect...
By Chad Green

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I was the first one in the area to get a hold of one of these sweet cars! Black with the silver ground effects. 240 supercharged is really nice. It's really the wife's car and let me tell you it gets the looks. Nice on trips, been on a few in it. Even got caught speeding...opps!

Favorite Features

Sunroof, Nice stereo with XM! Heated Seats

Suggested Improvements

Needs a niced interior, over 30 grand and no chrome,aluminum,wood accents and no digital climate conrols. Needs all chrome wheels like the "Intimidator" edition! The Grand Prix 3.8 with 260 h.p would be nice!

awesome
By mac4many

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

this is one of the best cars ive ever had.

Love My 2004 Competition Yellow LS !!
By Oblio3

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the 2004 Monte Carlo LS Yellow Competition Sport model and I love this car, It is very sporty, a real head turner, comfortable and lots of fun to drive. Love the Stereo with the 200 watt amp and the way the interior is personalized to the driver. I love my hot rod !!!!

Favorite Features

Love the black and yellow door sills,floor mats, spoiler , 16" diamond cut wheels black on yellow badging and the stereo !!! Makes the car a very personal hot rod !!

Suggested Improvements

Make it a rear wheel drive vehicle, also make the fog lights an available option on the LS

Randy's Monte Carlo SS
By Randy Heath

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The car rides like a Caddie on the highway. The throtle is very responsive at all speeds. The A/C works very well but is noisy on acceleration, I plan to have it checked out at the dealer when I have time. As for handling, this is better than any other car I have owned, I was impressed that a large front wheel drive could corner so well. I give the car a 9 for overall satisfaction.

Favorite Features

The power and smoothness of the 3.8 under all traffic situations. I like the steering wheel controls.

Suggested Improvements

Change the fog lamps switch so it does not need to be pressed again once the car is turned off. Change the A/C recirculating switch to stay in that function when the car is turned off and restarted. And last make the front end of the car more agressive looking or more distinctive.

2004 vs 2000
By spotts

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have purchased 2 SS Monte's and while I have loved them both, I need to ask why GM cheapened it in 2004. I did a favor for my inlaws and passed along my 2000 SS with only 31000 and ordered my 2004 expecting it to be identical, boy was I surprised. GM removed the gear selection from the console, took out the glove box light, did away with the coin holder, and took off the "Monte Carlo" emblems from the side. And what is up with all of the mirrors being black except on the yellow paint. I love my SS, but I can't believe that GM removed some of the "nice to have" items to gain a few bucks, shame on you.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, ride, everything.

Suggested Improvements

GM quit being cheap and the Monte lovers will keep coming back !

My second monte
By VMX_PanicRev

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My first Monte was a 98 LS. I put 130,000 city miles on her before trading. In that time I went thru 4 sets of tires, 1 battery and 1 alternator. It was good enough to mak me trade for another Monte. I hope my luck holds out with this one. Great car so far ;)

Suggested Improvements

Seats are not as comfortable as the 98 monte carlo's seats. They seem smallish to me at 6'4" and 230 lbs.

heavy chevy
By philly357

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

this car is the best car you can buy

Got to love it
By Carl244541

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I had to replace my 94 old cutless supreme and I lived the styling of this car. It is very similiar to my olds in styling (actually better).

Favorite Features

XM radio, Leather heated seats,

Suggested Improvements

move the fog light button so one can see it while driving. Have the seats slide up upon lifting the latch on the back to make it easier for someone to get in the back easier. Allow you to get to the oil life index and the other settings similiar to the buick Lesabre gauges.

Better than my Benz
By Sunny Raye

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I had a 1998,1999, and 2000 Mercedes C class. This SS outdoes them all. Better ride, more comfortable, and it's American!

Favorite Features

Comfortable leather interior. Great sound system. Cassette and CD! Great trunk size.

Suggested Improvements

Make compass, onstar, and XM radio standard.

Dale Jr signature series
By Donnamaria56

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

best car we have had!!!!!its a beauty!!!

Favorite Features

supercharge DAle Jr edition makes it that much better!!

Suggested Improvements

na