Used 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Love my Monte
By chevy girl

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I'd never been in a Monte Carlo until I test drove mine. It was love as soon as I sat in the driver's seat. Way comfortable, love how it handles. But it seems like it's lost power and isn't fast enough for me anymore. It didn't hold it's value as well as i was hoping it would have too but it's one hell of a solid car!

Sunroof, radio controls on steering wheel, and the great gas mileage!

Needs the V-8 (which the 2006 and 2007 have now) Wish it would have held its value better then what it did

My 1st Monte Carlo
By Waltm

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I really like this car, it's roomy, responsive, and has some serious torque to it when you have to get on the gas. I like the sound system, I like the leather, I love the exterior design. All around an awesome car.

Roomy interior, sleek looking exterior.

None

2004 Intimidator
By Intimidator04

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have a 2004 Monte Carlo Supercharged SS Intimidator Edition. It is car 2,909 of 4,000. It is a great car and has every available option. It's original price when new was over $33,000. Very nice, comfortable car, and it is sure to be a collector car in years to come. It has plenty of power, but the fuel economy could be better.

XM radio, leather, driver information center

Better fuel economy and regular gas

Love my MC Supercharged SS
By Lori B

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I absolutely love this car. My 6th MC and have a 2007 SS ordered but it is nowhere near a pretty as this one. MC's have been overlooked by GM and not given the attention they deserve. They feel solid, safe and really run. I have done nothing in 43000 miles except put in gas and change the oil. Only drawback has been the premium fuel with the supercharged model. I had a 2003 yellow MC before this superchared 2004 and strangers would walk up to me and tell me what a beautiful car I had. A lot! I can barely stand trading it in. I like the feeling I have while driving it. I truely hate GM for abandoning it. I have been looking at Honda's and Camry's if we can't deal on the 2007 MC.

Competition Yellow color.(Only available 2 years) Speed, handling, solid feel. Good ride. Headlights turn on and off by themselves. Sound system, dual temperature controls. Good leg room in back seat once you get in.

Keep making them. Put bright colors instead of the horrible dull shades. If I had wanted an Impala I would have bought one. Keep price realistic to start with and stop with all the rebates! Keep depreciation bleed down. If they were priced right to start with they would have better resale.

2004 Dale Jr. Monte Carlo SS
By MonteCarlo2004

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have little to no problem with my Dale Jr. Monte Carlo SS for the last 2 1/2 years.

I like the fact that it turns so many heads. It is still weird to me that people come up to me in parking lots and such to take a look at it and take pictures at stop lights.

The headliner should be secured a little better, tends to come unhooked when the sun roof is open. And for some reason, when the sunroof is open and you are driving west the XM radio cuts in and out. Could be just me, but happens almost everytime.