2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
On my second one!
By jlee on 05/09/05 12:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Monte Carlo SS! I purchased a 2000 and had zero issues with it. I liked it so well that I purchased a 2004. I'm a sales rep and put many miles on a car. It drives and rides just like my uncle's Cadillac Eldorado! I suspect that it sits on the same platform. I've seen pics of the 2006 and think it's awesome...I'm making plans to get it as soon as it hits the market.

Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned
By jeffm on 04/16/05 01:08 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I purchased my Dale Earnhardt Edition SS Supercharged vehicle almost brand new (It had 4,733 miles on it when I purchased it). This car is awesome! It provides me with brisk acceleration from any speed, and the ride is very smooth! The interior is roomy, and I need all the room I can get (6'0 215). I can stretch out, and it is a comfortable car (not to mention fun) on long road trips. It is very reasonable on gas...I average about 27.5 MPG in a combination of city and highway driving. The car is absolutely beautiful when you finish washing and waxing it! I plan on keeping this car for many years to come!

Nice car
By Ltdc on 01/30/05 22:52 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I now have 13,000 miles on the Monte Carlo. So far the car could not have given me any less trouble. When I first bought the car I had a number of people comment on how much they liked the color. It is the metalic blue. I have had people ride in the rear seat and they've told me they found it quite comfortable. It's nice to have the rear seat back fold down, but I've noticed that anything with much bulk will have a tough time fitting in the trunk. I've read other reviews commenting on the lack of a light in the glove compartment and must agree that Chevy shouldn't have cheaped out on that. It's a pain to look in there in the dark. Overall I'm very satisfied with the car and don't regret buying it.

Great Car
By CL Watkins on 01/27/05 17:30 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought mine a SS Superchaged black on black w/ everything but the XM, which I added myself later in May 2004. It was actually hidden in the back of the dealers mini-van lot and I was shopping for the SS Supercharged Impala, but did not like the "INDY" stuff all over. The car is excellent, great fuel economy, with power, style, comfort, and a little attitude. I have found websites w/ all sorts of extras. I am very familiar with power and the Monte is OK, not blistering,but great highway acceleration. Great car.

And the SS lives on...
By DEI8N15 on 01/26/05 00:28 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

What a great car. Black with silver ground effects! Have the sharpest car on the street. Only problem I have encountered in the seat belt rubbing against the center console, leaving scratches, dealer replaced the console but problem was not fixed. Seats much more supportive than my 99 Monte Z34

My Monte
By RedM0nte on 12/07/04 12:53 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Monte Carlo LS earlier this year. So far nothing has happened with the car, I've had only small problems. For one, the car has some rattles on the inside of the car, and the interior wasn't put together all that well. I'm a mechanical engineer for interiors of cars and the craftsmanship on the inside wasn't that great. But, the Monte is a very stylish car and runs and performs great for the LS model.

Dale Jr SS - Smokin
By Happy as a Clam on 12/03/04 12:16 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I was skeptical at first. Now I'm a believer! This ride has juice! A pleasure to drive, instant acceleration and great handling. Great fit-n- finish. A real solid ride. Turns heads everywhere we go. Insurance is higher than my SUV. I like it so much that I park it at the farthest point in the parking lot. If you haven't tried one, get to your nearest Chevy dealer today!

The Full Monte
By Willinator on 11/24/04 18:43 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

The last 'car' I owned was a 1972 Olds Cutlass, which I sold in 1986. Since then, I have owned and driven new Ford and Chevy 1/2 ton trucks. Accordingly, I was not sure how I would like driving a 'car' again. I traded a 2002 Ford Supercrew in on a 2004 Dale Earnardt signature Monte Carlo SS Supercharged Intimidator. WOW! I absolutely love this car. The ride and comfort are fantastic. The handling is superb and the acceleration exhilarating. My only gripe is the 125 mph speed governor. (nice to have found a well paved, straight road out in the desert to find this out)

i had numerous problems with this car
By angry and unhappy ca on 11/09/04 12:50 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

i have had engine and suspension problems.

Nice Ride...Nice Looks...Nice Price
By Dude 101 on 10/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Traded a 2000 Pontaic GTP for this vehicle. Performance and ride similiar, but this has the bigger interior and trunk and turns alot of heads. Price was literally thousands less than other performance vehicles looked at. i don't feel much if anything was sacrificed by going with this. Exceptional fit and finish and I was impressed with the interior contrary to other comments. Sound system pumps out extremely well.