2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
2nd Good Monte Carlo, Time to get the 3d
By Bryan on 11/20/06 10:53 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my LS almost 3 years ago and it has performed well. Good performance, Very dependable, and fun to drive. The only major repair I had was to replace a wheel after striking a curb I didn't see, so that's not the fault of the car. In fact I'm getting ready to trade it for a 2007 because I liked it so much.

"Expert" under-rated
By 1_Jones_Boy on 08/14/06 09:33 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We love our MC. We rented one in Orlando before buying, and I wanted to get one with the Buick 3.8 L before they discontinued (they last forever). Without the SC we use regular, get 34 mpg without AC and driving 60-65, 32-32 with AC and driving 70. Overall average is 29. We tinted the windows and put on aftermarket wheels. Excellent legroom in front and back, can merge and pass easily, and this is the only car that looks like its NASCAR version.

My Most Favorite Car!
By tishpalm on 07/29/06 12:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We have enjoyed our car very much. It handles well & we love driving it. We get a lot of compliments! The quality is not so great. We've had this car a little over 2 years, and several things have not held up. We did prefer mag wheels, but did not have that choice.

Perfect Compromise! Get One Now!
By barnhouse2 on 06/26/06 05:58 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My wife has never let me forget about someone rear-ending me (actually a hit and run)and totalling her 1994 Cavalier Z-24. We ended up "replacing" it with a loaded 2000 LeSabre a couple of years ago. Both cars were great, but so far our Monte Carlo SS could not be a more perfect fit and compromise of both cars. Black leather on black is really cool and has already gotten lots of compliments from several after only a few days. The creature comforts are similar to a luxury car, yet the sporty features make it extremely fun to drive. The gas mileage is very respectable @ 28ish mpg! I hadn't initially pursued one with a supercharger, but I'm glad I found one. Very smooth/fun!

DW's Review
By DW Waters on 02/23/06 14:56 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Chevy has a winner. The only thing I would change would be rear wheel drive and a V8. I am a big person and this car fits me beautiful.Driving this car reminds me of 60's and seventy's. Very comfortably. Thanks Chevy.

Excellent Car!! I Love Mine!!
By Sherry on 01/10/06 12:39 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car has really suprised me. The gas mileage is excellent. I get an average of 400 miles to the tank. It cost me between $30 & $35 to fill up depending on the price of gas. The most it costed was about $45. It holds 15 gallons if that helps. The car is extremely comfortable and very sporty. Men love it!! So I highly recommend it to single women.

Nice car, I love it
By M on 10/12/05 10:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

It is the best car I've bought new so far. My only single concern is the market stinks for them. I've had two problems with it, the transmission made a hard bang when it was first put into reverse and given the gas, and the front baring in the driver side when out on a road trip to Mardi Gras this year and that was a 1200 miles on way trip.. Made for some loud humming!!! Otherwise I love the car, it's fun to goose it, I’ve noticed several people stare at it (today a guy in a Silverado just stared at it when we were at a red light!) I love it. It's black with the silver trim.

Return os the SS
By bcayton on 09/26/05 02:15 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have always loved performance cars, but since the late 70's "performance" wasn't affordable..Then I drove a 2004 Dale Earnhardt Jr. signature series, supercharged Monte Carlo SS. Chevy has hit a home run with this one. Welcome back SS.

Monte Carlo 2004
By Kristina on 08/04/05 15:11 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car is great and very reliable. I'm a single mom though of 4 children. I really need to get a larger car. However I love my Monte Carlo! This car is very comfortable even with my children in the car. 4 doors would be nice though.

A to B has never had so many compliments
By MR B on 08/04/05 15:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is my 2nd Monte Carlo. The 1st was a 2000 SS & I was planning on keeping it much longer but was offered a great deal on the 2004 Dale Ernhart Jr. model. I am a paraplegic & getting my wheelchair in & out is a must in any car. In the past, the car that fit best was usually a plain 2 door. Since I've had these last 2 cars I've had well over 100 compliments on them. That's felt real nice, along with the performance and reliability I'd have to say they have been my best cars in 32 years of driving.