2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Best Monte Carlo since the 1970 version
By Scott Riggi on 06/22/08 07:31 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My Father bought the first Monte Carlo in 1970, which had the 400 small block engine. I have owned the 1977, 1987 and the 2004. As I stated the 2004 supercharged is my favorite. Everything you could ask for in a sport car coup. The coups are a dying breed. And the same has hit the Monte Carlo again. If I am going to purchase a four door I will purchase a Cadillac or LIncoln. Which I have done in the past. The change over from the 2004-2005 to the last version is not very attractive compared to the 2004 version. Gone are the bowtie headlamps. Gone the hood design and front and rear quarter panels. The only good thing was the V8.

Loving my Monte
By Silver Monte on 06/18/08 19:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Carlo for a few months now. So far I'm loving it, no problems with it. Recently got dual exhuast for it with bow tie tips looks nice. I would definetely buy this car again if Chevy brought it back. I would not give this car up for anything else. except for my mom's 2008 Malibu LTZ.

Problems, problems, problems
By susie1975_19999 on 06/14/08 22:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The electronics on this car has been a nightmare!Air conditioner, several sensors, dash board assembly, multi function switch, catalytic converter, gas cap have all been replaced! Most all of these items have cost me over 500 every time! Multi function switch, when it goes bad headlights will go out on you going down the road! Of course there are never any re-calls for these problems and every time something else goes wrong dealer ship says those cars are known for this! I've called GM several times about the car and told them they sold me a piece of junk but they never offer to replace anything! Wish I had never laid eyes on this car. It will be traded off! GM never again !

Great performance and comfort
By RW on 05/12/08 19:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my SS a year ago and couldn't be happier with it. It is fun to drive, comfortable and gets great fuel economy to boot! I average over 30mpg on the highway and usually get around 26mpg overall.

A Knock Out Car - But
By RonD on 04/22/08 18:09 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car's appearance and performance. But, I have had a problem with grinding disc brakes since the day I purchased it (3 yrs). Dealer and a second party both say there is no problem with the brakes just rust from rain. It is most distracting on such a great looking and otherwise great performing car. Surprised that no other review mentioned this issue.

Love my Monte
By chevy girl on 03/26/08 05:19 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I'd never been in a Monte Carlo until I test drove mine. It was love as soon as I sat in the driver's seat. Way comfortable, love how it handles. But it seems like it's lost power and isn't fast enough for me anymore. It didn't hold it's value as well as i was hoping it would have too but it's one hell of a solid car!

My 1st Monte Carlo
By Waltm on 09/19/07 10:34 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I really like this car, it's roomy, responsive, and has some serious torque to it when you have to get on the gas. I like the sound system, I like the leather, I love the exterior design. All around an awesome car.

2004 Intimidator
By Intimidator04 on 07/14/07 22:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have a 2004 Monte Carlo Supercharged SS Intimidator Edition. It is car 2,909 of 4,000. It is a great car and has every available option. It's original price when new was over $33,000. Very nice, comfortable car, and it is sure to be a collector car in years to come. It has plenty of power, but the fuel economy could be better.

Love my MC Supercharged SS
By Lori B on 03/24/07 11:39 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I absolutely love this car. My 6th MC and have a 2007 SS ordered but it is nowhere near a pretty as this one. MC's have been overlooked by GM and not given the attention they deserve. They feel solid, safe and really run. I have done nothing in 43000 miles except put in gas and change the oil. Only drawback has been the premium fuel with the supercharged model. I had a 2003 yellow MC before this superchared 2004 and strangers would walk up to me and tell me what a beautiful car I had. A lot! I can barely stand trading it in. I like the feeling I have while driving it. I truely hate GM for abandoning it. I have been looking at Honda's and Camry's if we can't deal on the 2007 MC.

2004 Dale Jr. Monte Carlo SS
By MonteCarlo2004 on 12/25/06 20:45 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have little to no problem with my Dale Jr. Monte Carlo SS for the last 2 1/2 years.