2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Review: 2004 Monte Carlo Pace Car

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Review

2004 Monte Carlo Pace Car
By novaracer63 on

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought my 2004 LS that was the original pace car at the NASCAR Races in 04. She had 54, 000 original miles on her.......Took a long trip over Christmas and averaged 34 miles to the gallon....very impressed. Having front wheel drive was also a plus since I did sell my Suburban for this car. Locally owned and that person purchased directly from the woman that owned it right off the Chevy Lot. (Did notice there is some kind of noise in either the steering column or in the left front end...any ideas what it could be....all the maintainence has been done prior to my ownership of the car.)

Favorite Features

Like all features.....even has add on lighting in the front plus it came with the headrests that are NASCAR.....pretty cool stuff.
By finallygotone
on 02/26/13 08:09 AM (PST)

I have a 2004 Monti Carlo bought it new, it has the noise in the steering rack, can be taken careof at GM dealer fo aboout $200 or less useing a lub kit, it will last probly for 30,000 miles and needs it again. I have been told that it doesn't no harm if untreated but I don't believe that.