Used 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Monte-carlo - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Supercharged is nice but not perfect...
By Chad Green

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I was the first one in the area to get a hold of one of these sweet cars! Black with the silver ground effects. 240 supercharged is really nice. It's really the wife's car and let me tell you it gets the looks. Nice on trips, been on a few in it. Even got caught speeding...opps!

Favorite Features

Sunroof, Nice stereo with XM! Heated Seats

Suggested Improvements

Needs a niced interior, over 30 grand and no chrome,aluminum,wood accents and no digital climate conrols. Needs all chrome wheels like the "Intimidator" edition! The Grand Prix 3.8 with 260 h.p would be nice!

awesome
By mac4many

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

this is one of the best cars ive ever had.

Randy's Monte Carlo SS
By Randy Heath

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The car rides like a Caddie on the highway. The throtle is very responsive at all speeds. The A/C works very well but is noisy on acceleration, I plan to have it checked out at the dealer when I have time. As for handling, this is better than any other car I have owned, I was impressed that a large front wheel drive could corner so well. I give the car a 9 for overall satisfaction.

Favorite Features

The power and smoothness of the 3.8 under all traffic situations. I like the steering wheel controls.

Suggested Improvements

Change the fog lamps switch so it does not need to be pressed again once the car is turned off. Change the A/C recirculating switch to stay in that function when the car is turned off and restarted. And last make the front end of the car more agressive looking or more distinctive.

Love My 2004 Competition Yellow LS !!
By Oblio3

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the 2004 Monte Carlo LS Yellow Competition Sport model and I love this car, It is very sporty, a real head turner, comfortable and lots of fun to drive. Love the Stereo with the 200 watt amp and the way the interior is personalized to the driver. I love my hot rod !!!!

Favorite Features

Love the black and yellow door sills,floor mats, spoiler , 16" diamond cut wheels black on yellow badging and the stereo !!! Makes the car a very personal hot rod !!

Suggested Improvements

Make it a rear wheel drive vehicle, also make the fog lights an available option on the LS

2004 vs 2000
By spotts

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have purchased 2 SS Monte's and while I have loved them both, I need to ask why GM cheapened it in 2004. I did a favor for my inlaws and passed along my 2000 SS with only 31000 and ordered my 2004 expecting it to be identical, boy was I surprised. GM removed the gear selection from the console, took out the glove box light, did away with the coin holder, and took off the "Monte Carlo" emblems from the side. And what is up with all of the mirrors being black except on the yellow paint. I love my SS, but I can't believe that GM removed some of the "nice to have" items to gain a few bucks, shame on you.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, ride, everything.

Suggested Improvements

GM quit being cheap and the Monte lovers will keep coming back !