'04 Monte Carlo is a pleasant surprise
By blucas2 on
2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)
I bought this car as a "work" car due to driving so much for my job. I liked the styling and the price, so i bought her. She had 70,000 on her when i brought her home. I have had no problems with this car. Routine maintenance and a set of tires. She now has 126,000 miles and I am noticing a squeeking noise coming from my front left tire. It's probably a wheel bearing, not surprising at all. Not a big deal. This car has tons of power and gets about 27 MPG average. I can't ask for more from a car that is 8 years old and has 126,000 miles. Chevy really screwed up when they stopped making this gem. Get rid of the freaking Impala and start making the Monte again.
Favorite Features
Awesome BOSE sterio system.
Suggested Improvements
Make the freaking car again! I would make this car more European looking and raise the entire car height about 2 inches. 18" rims standard and I would offer a 5.0 liter version. I think this car would be a top-seller for GM. I think leather interior standard, BOSE radio system, 18" rims, and only offer in Black, White, Red and Navy Blue.