2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Engine light delayed and cost me a new engine
By chaleena on 12/18/13 21:55 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was happy with my 2004 Monte Carlo. The back seat is a real pain getting in and out of though. My big complaint is I have 161K miles on it. Always maintained on schedule. Suddenly it started acting up and I made an appointment for my mechanics to check it out. A few days before the appointment the engine light went on and I took it in immediately! Well..engine light should have gone on several days prior when it was acting up. It did not! Now it needs a new engine! The engine light was lazy and it is costing me. This has ruined my belief in American made cars!

one great car
By finallygotone on 02/26/13 08:28 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

After changeing the rear rotors and getting the DEXCOOL out of it, I have only one complaint, all the jaums look like they were painted in an old garage, dull as they can be!

2004 Monte Carlo Pace Car
By novaracer63 on 02/04/13 08:30 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought my 2004 LS that was the original pace car at the NASCAR Races in 04. She had 54, 000 original miles on her.......Took a long trip over Christmas and averaged 34 miles to the gallon....very impressed. Having front wheel drive was also a plus since I did sell my Suburban for this car. Locally owned and that person purchased directly from the woman that owned it right off the Chevy Lot. (Did notice there is some kind of noise in either the steering column or in the left front end...any ideas what it could be....all the maintainence has been done prior to my ownership of the car.)

'04 Monte Carlo is a pleasant surprise
By blucas2 on 10/15/12 07:48 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car as a "work" car due to driving so much for my job. I liked the styling and the price, so i bought her. She had 70,000 on her when i brought her home. I have had no problems with this car. Routine maintenance and a set of tires. She now has 126,000 miles and I am noticing a squeeking noise coming from my front left tire. It's probably a wheel bearing, not surprising at all. Not a big deal. This car has tons of power and gets about 27 MPG average. I can't ask for more from a car that is 8 years old and has 126,000 miles. Chevy really screwed up when they stopped making this gem. Get rid of the freaking Impala and start making the Monte again.

no problems
By 1valentine on 03/31/12 16:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

other than routine maintanance, I havent had a single problem throughout the years. When I purchased the car and brought it home, my son asked me WHY did I purchase this particular model car. He said theyre known to have transmission problems. Seeing this car on the lot I didnt pay attention to the make, or model. I was attracted to the body style and the bright red color. That test drive was amazingly comfortable with a smooth ride. She screamed "take me home and make me yours". Eight years, and 140K miles, signs of tranny problems are appearing in the transmission fluid change. Will run it til it drops as they advised. There will be no trading off this ole girl. Shes great

Monte Power
By blucas2 on 06/23/11 14:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Love this car. I think Chevy realized they made this one too good so they stopped production. What a mistake. The Monte Carlo is an attractive one that screams power. My 3.4 is loaded with power. No real problems as long as you do your maintenance.

Nice Car
By debinvegas on 07/29/09 16:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Monte Carlos were made for years for good reasons, they are a good car with a nice comfortable ride. Very dependable and they hold their value. I hope they start making them again.

My sweet Monte
By Kat on 02/14/09 14:40 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car! I wish they weren't getting rid of it. I get 30 mpg around town! unheard of in such a large car. I love the Monte emblem in the front. I'm trying to get my husband to buy me the fin, fog lights and dual exhaust to make it look like an SS. I love this car!

Enjoyable
By Happy on 07/21/08 19:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

A fun and very enjoyable car for traveling distance trips and local. I have not had any problems with my Monte Carlo, nor any of my GM vehicles. It runs very quiet at all speed levels and is very durable in all conditions.

Loving my Monte
By Silver Monte on 06/18/08 19:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Carlo for a few months now. So far I'm loving it, no problems with it. Recently got dual exhuast for it with bow tie tips looks nice. I would definetely buy this car again if Chevy brought it back. I would not give this car up for anything else. except for my mom's 2008 Malibu LTZ.