2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
04 Intimidator SS Supercharged
By intimidatorss on 11/01/11 10:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is my first car and I couldnt ask for anything better. I only ran into one MAJOR problem since I've had it. I need a steering rack and an outter tierod. This car is beast I only have 71k on her and she can smoke almost anything around me. I love the gas mileage I get when im doing 65 on I-95 I get about 43mpg on the flats. Chevy you screwed up big time when you stopped making this car. I personally think this is the best car you have ever had.

Cheyenne II
By dastankos on 03/07/11 03:16 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought my 04 Dale Jr. Edition used with 53k on it. I am so impressed with this car. I didn't think I would have the power out of the SC 3.8l that I do. My first drive in her and all I could say was "WOW!" The looks I get in this car and all the little "Asian Rice" that tries to race me is great. This car holds it's own so well and I have big plans for her. I am extremely impressed and I couldn't imagine a better car for the money. Amzing fuel economy, power and styling. I'm very much in love with my car and recomend it to anyone looking for a a great ballance of cost, cost of ownership and power. Thank you Chevrolet for giving me one hell of a ride!

Would buy again
By Black on Black on 08/24/10 11:54 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought this car used at 43K miles and did not know the previous owner. There are some issues on this car that have been unusual failures. The AC pulley bearing went bad, the serpentine belt tensioner went bad. The wheel bearings on the front went bad and the heater core went out all before 60K. Buying used, I cannot tell how the previous owner treated it so I chalk it up to previous use. It gets great gas mileage and rides very nice.

I love this car
By Tom Spellman on 04/26/10 15:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought the car in January of 2005. Great ride, runs great, and the gas milage is very good. I live in Nebraska so winters with snow are common place. Car gets around great in snow with front wheel drive. The only problem I had with the Monte is the multi-function switch had to be replaced. Luckly I bought the extened warranty as this was a 600.00 part. I put the car into storage with 53,000 miles on it. She will be worth some money some day.

2004 Intimidator SS
By Jeff on 11/24/09 16:57 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Got 42K to date on my Intimidator. I am its only owner. Seen my 1st one at Daytona 04 after watching Dale Jr win the 500. Flew home the following wednesday, was online saturday, at the dealership on sunday, drove her home on Monday....Isn't that was NASCAR WAS ABOUT??? Always wanted one since 86, took me a while but I got her. Love the car and the way it looks. She still turns heads today!!! My father eventually traded his LS for a SS and we love em.

i have the intermerdator edition
By peter walsh on 11/13/09 19:50 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I love my monte carol ss i bought it used it has 89,456 miles on it end it still drives like new like the interior and the outside my is black on black inside and the seats are signed by dale earnheart how many people have that....i only had the car for about 3 days.

Steering column and driver seat heater
By CB on 11/28/08 10:20 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I like the body and look, everything I look for in a car. I noticed after 20 thousand miles a feeling in the steering, something to do with an addition to the steering column to comply with some sort of collapsing requirements. The mechanic was aware of the problem and replaced the worn part under warranty. Shortly there after the driver's side seat heater stopped working. I miss that option as I drive in all weather with the window open. Won't pay to have that fixed. After 30 thousand miles the feeling in the steering column has returned. Time for another diagnostic check, hope it wont cost too much. I like the car and I'll fix it for a while.

One Sick Ride!
By Max on 08/15/08 09:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought my SS Supercharged Monte Carlo in March of 2008 as a traveling vehicle. I'm in the US Navy and commute once a month at least 500 miles (8hour) drive to and from the desert. And the Monte Carlo is sick! It handles with care and is definitley reliable. Mine has taken me everywhere, literally! The only problem I have had with it is the sensors with the fuel system my gas guage went out on me and stays on full at all times. But it's not a big deal really I just keep track of my mileage as I drive cross country! Other than that I love my new whip and plan on keeping it at least 20 years, or until I buy my BMW one day. I strongly recommend this vehicle!

Best Monte Carlo since the 1970 version
By Scott Riggi on 06/22/08 07:31 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My Father bought the first Monte Carlo in 1970, which had the 400 small block engine. I have owned the 1977, 1987 and the 2004. As I stated the 2004 supercharged is my favorite. Everything you could ask for in a sport car coup. The coups are a dying breed. And the same has hit the Monte Carlo again. If I am going to purchase a four door I will purchase a Cadillac or LIncoln. Which I have done in the past. The change over from the 2004-2005 to the last version is not very attractive compared to the 2004 version. Gone are the bowtie headlamps. Gone the hood design and front and rear quarter panels. The only good thing was the V8.

2004 Intimidator
By Intimidator04 on 07/14/07 22:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have a 2004 Monte Carlo Supercharged SS Intimidator Edition. It is car 2,909 of 4,000. It is a great car and has every available option. It's original price when new was over $33,000. Very nice, comfortable car, and it is sure to be a collector car in years to come. It has plenty of power, but the fuel economy could be better.