Used 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

04 Intimidator SS Supercharged
By intimidatorss

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is my first car and I couldnt ask for anything better. I only ran into one MAJOR problem since I've had it. I need a steering rack and an outter tierod. This car is beast I only have 71k on her and she can smoke almost anything around me. I love the gas mileage I get when im doing 65 on I-95 I get about 43mpg on the flats. Chevy you screwed up big time when you stopped making this car. I personally think this is the best car you have ever had.

Cheyenne II
By dastankos

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought my 04 Dale Jr. Edition used with 53k on it. I am so impressed with this car. I didn't think I would have the power out of the SC 3.8l that I do. My first drive in her and all I could say was "WOW!" The looks I get in this car and all the little "Asian Rice" that tries to race me is great. This car holds it's own so well and I have big plans for her. I am extremely impressed and I couldn't imagine a better car for the money. Amzing fuel economy, power and styling. I'm very much in love with my car and recomend it to anyone looking for a a great ballance of cost, cost of ownership and power. Thank you Chevrolet for giving me one hell of a ride!

I love the heated seats for my cold Wyoming winter mornings and the sunroof for our beautiful summer evinings. The sound system in this car is great. I payed $215 to get an iPod/mp3/HD radio hook up in her and that's all I need to do besides beef it up. The motor has great potential and I'm hoping to get 300 ponys and 350 lb/ft of tourque by the end of the year. With intake, full exhaust, pulley kit and chip I can easily do it.

My only and I mean ONLY improvement would be better vibration control in the cabin to reduce the vibration caused by the great sound system.

Would buy again
By Black on Black

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought this car used at 43K miles and did not know the previous owner. There are some issues on this car that have been unusual failures. The AC pulley bearing went bad, the serpentine belt tensioner went bad. The wheel bearings on the front went bad and the heater core went out all before 60K. Buying used, I cannot tell how the previous owner treated it so I chalk it up to previous use. It gets great gas mileage and rides very nice.

Wheels and ground effect package, exterior styling.

Use some better paint products. 4 years old and 43Kmiles should not have paint defects already. Move the fog ligth switch so it can be seen when driving without looking around the wheel. Use better processes for the pad printing of the radio and steering wheel controls so they don't wear off.

I love this car
By Tom Spellman

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought the car in January of 2005. Great ride, runs great, and the gas milage is very good. I live in Nebraska so winters with snow are common place. Car gets around great in snow with front wheel drive. The only problem I had with the Monte is the multi-function switch had to be replaced. Luckly I bought the extened warranty as this was a 600.00 part. I put the car into storage with 53,000 miles on it. She will be worth some money some day.

2004 Intimidator SS
By Jeff

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Got 42K to date on my Intimidator. I am its only owner. Seen my 1st one at Daytona 04 after watching Dale Jr win the 500. Flew home the following wednesday, was online saturday, at the dealership on sunday, drove her home on Monday....Isn't that was NASCAR WAS ABOUT??? Always wanted one since 86, took me a while but I got her. Love the car and the way it looks. She still turns heads today!!! My father eventually traded his LS for a SS and we love em.

THE ride at 90 MPH is SOLID.

They eventually did it with the last years.....V8 power. Still have not driven one yet. I will not sell my 04 but she is just about paid for so if I find a nice low mileage 06....look out.