2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Never Again.
By am12 on 01/17/12 12:57 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I would never buy a Monte Carlo again. I love my car but I have had it for almost 3 years and have had nothing but problems. I am having to get my roters changed CONSTANTLY. If not, and I am on interstate and slowing down to get on the off ramp, it shakes horribly. Anyone else? Then sometimes when I turn real sharp, it makes a screeching noise and sounds like my power steering is going to go out. Now recently, it has been leaking antifreeze and overheating. I talked to a dealer and he, himself even said they are nice cars, but have many mechanical problems.

A very good car
By Bill on 11/02/09 13:48 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my car new. I have driven it 68000 miles. I have never had any problems with it, and I get very good gas mileage. It still looks new inside and out, and I hope to drive it another 5 or 6 years. For a Chevrolet, I think it is a very good product.

Great Car
By 04montess on 09/08/08 14:57 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Great gas mileage. Roomy interior with lots of storage. Large aftermarket for parts.

Problems, problems, problems
By susie1975_19999 on 06/14/08 22:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The electronics on this car has been a nightmare!Air conditioner, several sensors, dash board assembly, multi function switch, catalytic converter, gas cap have all been replaced! Most all of these items have cost me over 500 every time! Multi function switch, when it goes bad headlights will go out on you going down the road! Of course there are never any re-calls for these problems and every time something else goes wrong dealer ship says those cars are known for this! I've called GM several times about the car and told them they sold me a piece of junk but they never offer to replace anything! Wish I had never laid eyes on this car. It will be traded off! GM never again !

Great performance and comfort
By RW on 05/12/08 19:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my SS a year ago and couldn't be happier with it. It is fun to drive, comfortable and gets great fuel economy to boot! I average over 30mpg on the highway and usually get around 26mpg overall.

Love my Monte
By chevy girl on 03/26/08 05:19 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I'd never been in a Monte Carlo until I test drove mine. It was love as soon as I sat in the driver's seat. Way comfortable, love how it handles. But it seems like it's lost power and isn't fast enough for me anymore. It didn't hold it's value as well as i was hoping it would have too but it's one hell of a solid car!

"Expert" under-rated
By 1_Jones_Boy on 08/14/06 09:33 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We love our MC. We rented one in Orlando before buying, and I wanted to get one with the Buick 3.8 L before they discontinued (they last forever). Without the SC we use regular, get 34 mpg without AC and driving 60-65, 32-32 with AC and driving 70. Overall average is 29. We tinted the windows and put on aftermarket wheels. Excellent legroom in front and back, can merge and pass easily, and this is the only car that looks like its NASCAR version.

My Most Favorite Car!
By tishpalm on 07/29/06 12:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We have enjoyed our car very much. It handles well & we love driving it. We get a lot of compliments! The quality is not so great. We've had this car a little over 2 years, and several things have not held up. We did prefer mag wheels, but did not have that choice.

DW's Review
By DW Waters on 02/23/06 14:56 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Chevy has a winner. The only thing I would change would be rear wheel drive and a V8. I am a big person and this car fits me beautiful.Driving this car reminds me of 60's and seventy's. Very comfortably. Thanks Chevy.

On my second one!
By jlee on 05/09/05 12:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Monte Carlo SS! I purchased a 2000 and had zero issues with it. I liked it so well that I purchased a 2004. I'm a sales rep and put many miles on a car. It drives and rides just like my uncle's Cadillac Eldorado! I suspect that it sits on the same platform. I've seen pics of the 2006 and think it's awesome...I'm making plans to get it as soon as it hits the market.

1 2 3 4 5 next »