Used 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

315000 all original miles!!!!
By matt

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I am rough on a vehicle but, I Change my oil and keep the engine in good order. Bought the car pretty cheaply with 70,000 miles on it. Later realized it had been in an accident. So aside from dealing with the problems that caused in the front end I was able to get it back right. Since then I have been hit 3 times. The car is a TANK. I was gonna be happy with 200,000 miles but she keeps going. I will get another one if my car ever decides it's had enough.

Phew... just rolled over 275,000 original miles!
By A MILF

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been amazing. Definitely recommend it to any new avid car collector. The engine reliability and longevity is well worth every penny. I do not reccomend this car if you have a car seat for baby/child as its very cumbersome to retract the front seat to settle in the kids.

Engine light delayed and cost me a new engine
By chaleena

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was happy with my 2004 Monte Carlo. The back seat is a real pain getting in and out of though. My big complaint is I have 161K miles on it. Always maintained on schedule. Suddenly it started acting up and I made an appointment for my mechanics to check it out. A few days before the appointment the engine light went on and I took it in immediately! Well..engine light should have gone on several days prior when it was acting up. It did not! Now it needs a new engine! The engine light was lazy and it is costing me. This has ruined my belief in American made cars!

Install engine lights that goes on Immediately before damage is done!

one great car
By finallygotone

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

After changeing the rear rotors and getting the DEXCOOL out of it, I have only one complaint, all the jaums look like they were painted in an old garage, dull as they can be!

Luv this car, great ride and mpg. beautiful lines also. No major problems so far, bought it new and will keep it until either it or I die. A great car for price paid.

A shine in the jams would greatly inhance this car. better grade of material used for the brake rotors. The cloth interior is horrible looking, but if u drop something on the seats it will not show, a good point, I am not sure. I would have prefered vinel or leather seats

2004 Monte Carlo Pace Car
By novaracer63

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought my 2004 LS that was the original pace car at the NASCAR Races in 04. She had 54, 000 original miles on her.......Took a long trip over Christmas and averaged 34 miles to the gallon....very impressed. Having front wheel drive was also a plus since I did sell my Suburban for this car. Locally owned and that person purchased directly from the woman that owned it right off the Chevy Lot. (Did notice there is some kind of noise in either the steering column or in the left front end...any ideas what it could be....all the maintainence has been done prior to my ownership of the car.)

Like all features.....even has add on lighting in the front plus it came with the headrests that are NASCAR.....pretty cool stuff.

• SUV