2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Red SS
By labelmon on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We weren't really that serious to trade,....but we spent five years in our Honda CR-V EX, and had our belly full of our little under powered "sport cute". This good looking Yankee made it a MUST GET. What a car / What a deal! The U.S. auto mfgs. are eager to put you behind the wheel. THERE IS ABSOLUTLY NO COMPARISON TO OUR 03' RED MONTE SS.........WOW WHAT A CAR! Our's is loaded ( heated leather seats, "OnStar", moon roof, & power everything ) and that 3.8L 200 hp V six........Knarley dude! Some words to the wise, "SEE THE USA IN A CHEVROLET !"

Monte Carlo Pace Car
By Tazmanian_She-Devil on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Monte Carlo Pace Car!! When I first saw it on the lot, I knew I had to have it, needless to say the next day I went back to the dealership and bought it. The car is so much fun to drive, so comfortable, so well designed, and catches so much attention. I originally had been looking at Superior Blue Monte Carlos, but once I saw this one there was no doubt that this was the car for me, and I was right! The graphics and ground effects on this car make it one of a kind! I would have to say that this is the most wonderful car ever, but I guess maybe I am partial!!

Sweet ride!
By Sittin Phat on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in love with the looks of the SS with the High Sport Appearance package and I catch many people staring at the car. The black with the silver trim is very attractive! Great car!

Great car
By gregp on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I love this vehicle

2003 Monte Carlo
By DawnA on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've driven Pontiacs for the past 7 years and was planning to purchase another one until I test drove a 2003 Monte Carlo. I loved the get up and go it had and just had to buy it. The sleak body and style blew me away. I am also impressed that it gets just as good gas mileage as the pontiac did.

Differences between 1999 and 2002
By Longtime ChevyBuyer on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Compared to the 1999 Monte Carlo the new design 2002 drives like a barge. This design is harder to steer and the cruise control looses up to 5 miles per hours attempting to maintian the current speed. The whole car seems to be under powered.

Good value
By beegee on 12/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Good american built car. Great freeway driver. 200 HP engine - more than enough to get through most daily traffic situations. I like that it does not look like most other cars.

Great Car!
By eggman on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my monte for a month and I love it. It could use a heated steering wheel. It does have some wicked blind spots both front and rear. Very fun to drive. Very fast!

Not all that it was hyped up to be.
By Gregbear1 on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car was a poor choice. It looked more exciting than it is.. Fit and finish are terrible and the non stop problems are becomming depressing. I knew I should have gone with the Altima instead. Live and learn!

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!
By TLC on 11/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I turned in my 1999 Grand Prix at lease end and thought I wanted another one, but since they no longer make the 2-door model I decided to purchase the Monte Carlo...and I'm glad I did! I love this car! I went with the SS model with the High Sport Appearance package...it is basically loaded except for the satellite radio (which I don't need anyway)...it is an absolutely beautiful car...I've caught many people staring!...including myself!!! I can't wait for the nice warm weather to come back again so I can really show it off!