2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
The two door sports car
By TxSkier on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 6th Monte Carlo since 1982. The second FWD after our '98. I like the big two door sports coupe with the styling back from the '70s and '80s. The car gets great gas mileage (26MPG avg)...has lots of room. Dash layout is good. The aluminum wheels in the first option package really sport out the car. The car rides great, some road noise on certain pavement types, most likely due to the Goodyears, will try Michelins when replacement time comes like I had on the '98 Monte. Some people either like the styling or don't. I looked at and compared to the Imapala, too much of a grand-pa car.

I love my SS
By jvwallace on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I only have 7000 miles on the car but I love it. It rides so nice and has a lot of power. It is a very comfortable car.

Road Noise
By xavier on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Lot of road noise and tire noise.Handles nice

Good but could be great
By Leigh Z on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After spending a month with the car, I am beginning to really like the car. For everyday commuting it is very comfortable and gets very good gas mileage. What it isn't is a performance beast that makes me want to take it out for the hell of it and just cruise around. For a SS moniker car I expect it to outperform the average sedan from Japan. Sadly, it just does not cut it under the hood.

Great Car!!!
By 02monteSS on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car! Its a dark blue SS and I have 13000 miles on it. Gas mileage is great (average over 26 mpg), the interior is just perfect, both fit and finish and design, the 3800 is an increadible engine (great torque curve and reliablity).

2003 Monte Carlo
By Bobcat on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Chevrolet Monte Carlo is very nice. From its sporty body style to its interior. Its 16 inch wheel base makes this car handle very well. This car has some excellent safety features. It gets very good gas mileage.

I Love My SS
By Monte2003SS on 03/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. I traded a 2001 Monte Carlo LS for this Superior Blue SS. I loved the color from the first moment I saw it. I think the car is great and I love driving it. I am proud to say that it is the "baddest" looking ride on the street.

Monte Carlo SS great all around car
By SScrazy on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've look into buying a Monte Carlo for about 2 years now and test drove a few and I must say for the price you get performance and quality that you would normaly find in most higher dollar cars. I bought a SS yesterday and I love it.

My toy
By Anthony Del on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Went into dealer to buy a new pick-up. When I saw the Black Monte Carlo on the floor I just had to have it. I have had it for a month now and am very pleased. Except for the creaking rear window. When it is cold outside and you hit a bump the window creaks. The dealer says the rear windshield was improperly installed at the factory. They did the prescribed maint. but it still creaks. Tomorrow they will try again.

03 ss
By loams on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, a very fine car. Well designed with plenty of room and excellent gas mileage. Great looking too!