Used 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Great Car
By SDK-ASK

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought as a GM certified car. It had 29k on it. The price was decent, the equipment level is great. Plenty of power, plenty of amenities. I got to drive it for 3 weeks before my wife borrowed it, she fell in love with it, and has been drving it since. (oh well, gotta keep her happy I guess) I got a new truck, but still enjoy driving this car. Even with 60k-plus miles, it still has plenty of power. Turn off the trction control, and spinning the tires is not a problem. The response from others is still very positive. If you are looking for a 2- door, but are concerned about space for backseat passengers, look no further. This car has plenty. Drive one, you'll love it.

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats, moonroof,engine, stereo system, OnStar, overall appearance inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

Front suspension. That's about it.

Ford Can't Beat it
By KEN JOCHUM

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I would love to have one with a V8 but at age 63 a V6 goes fast enough. The gas mileage is great. I average 27.2mpg a tank driving at 60-73mph with some city driving included. It has remarkable correction on the road. This car will not go on the block for sale anytime soon.

Suggested Improvements

Sell a few HP V-8s to the general public, not big money people.

My Last Chevy
By Tim Little

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Fell in love with the Monte's after owning a '98. But now I am ready for a divorce. Paint is flaking off, sunroof no longer works, head light sockets keep melting, random rattling sounds under the car, bad a/c unit and broken seatbelt covers. And what did Chevy do about it when I called them? They gave me a survey about my Chevy ownership history and then told me that I was out of luck, that the paint problem was because of living in New England. Since I don't plan on moving, I apparently am discluded from owning any more Chevy's. Of course, after they told me I was on my own with all the other issues, that was the last straw, and I babied this car! Horrible trade in value.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, sporty looking, handles bumps well.

Suggested Improvements

Improved body integrity, better warranty.

ROBNTER SS
By Rob

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Monte Carlo is a great car. It is very comfortable for our 90 mile daily commute. It has plenty of power with the 3800 series 2 V6. The gas mileage is excellent for a larger car. Average 27.6 mpg city and freeway. The stereo is awesome sounding and the acoustics inside are excellent. Drivers controls are very ergonomically correct. The car rides very smooth on all surfaces and handles well for its size.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel radio controls. Excellent stereo. Dual climate controls. Very comfortable seats. Very smooth ride. Fast.

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof is noisy when in vent mode. Needs a shield in front of sunroof opening. Would be fun with a five speed.

One Great Monte!
By Al Larson

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

When they changed the body style in 2000, the first time I saw it I fell in love, and it has been a love affair ever since. I just knew I had to get one. I LOVE IT!! The best looking, sleekest looking car on the highway.

Favorite Features

Dual front passenger climate control, handling, and fuel mileage is awsome for a car its size

Suggested Improvements

NONE!