2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Ford Can't Beat it
By KEN JOCHUM on 12/14/06 14:44 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I would love to have one with a V8 but at age 63 a V6 goes fast enough. The gas mileage is great. I average 27.2mpg a tank driving at 60-73mph with some city driving included. It has remarkable correction on the road. This car will not go on the block for sale anytime soon.

My Last Chevy
By Tim Little on 08/03/06 11:19 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Fell in love with the Monte's after owning a '98. But now I am ready for a divorce. Paint is flaking off, sunroof no longer works, head light sockets keep melting, random rattling sounds under the car, bad a/c unit and broken seatbelt covers. And what did Chevy do about it when I called them? They gave me a survey about my Chevy ownership history and then told me that I was out of luck, that the paint problem was because of living in New England. Since I don't plan on moving, I apparently am discluded from owning any more Chevy's. Of course, after they told me I was on my own with all the other issues, that was the last straw, and I babied this car! Horrible trade in value.

ROBNTER SS
By Rob on 05/21/06 12:21 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Monte Carlo is a great car. It is very comfortable for our 90 mile daily commute. It has plenty of power with the 3800 series 2 V6. The gas mileage is excellent for a larger car. Average 27.6 mpg city and freeway. The stereo is awesome sounding and the acoustics inside are excellent. Drivers controls are very ergonomically correct. The car rides very smooth on all surfaces and handles well for its size.

One Great Monte!
By Al Larson on 03/05/06 21:25 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

When they changed the body style in 2000, the first time I saw it I fell in love, and it has been a love affair ever since. I just knew I had to get one. I LOVE IT!! The best looking, sleekest looking car on the highway.

I Love This Car
By Krysta on 08/26/05 11:08 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love my car. It is the 1st car I have purchased, and I could not have asked for more. It is fun and sporty, but still roomy and spacious on the inside. Its pretty fast for a car its size, and the body shap is inique. It has great curves, and there is not a car on the road that looks anything like it. The car drives like a dream, and in my opinion it handles really well. I love the color on my car, the color is called Berry Red Metalic, and I have not seen one in my area with the same color.

2003 Monte Carlo, bad power steering
By Rozie on 08/01/05 12:27 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car serviced 8 times in 17 months for problems with the power steering pump. Eventually, the entire power steering rack was replaced, but the problem is still not resolved. I love the look and feel of the car, but the mechanics on it are horrible. I am a loyal GM customer, but the difficulties that I have had with the servicing of this vehicle are pushing me towards foreign cars with much better manufacturer's warranties.

Great Car
By Dan on 02/09/05 20:27 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The power plant could be more powerful, but Chevy has addressed this in new models. Great build quality, have owed car for 2 years 3 months, not one problem. Very reliable, looks great, drives well, gets a lot of looks. Highly recommend it.

Good Overall
By ShafinKS on 12/29/04 21:00 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Gas mileage great for it's size. Road noise is terrible.

All Around Very Good Performer
By James Tiller on 12/17/04 01:33 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Don't let the snobbish reviewers sway you about the exterior styling. This is not a cookie-cutter car for conformists. It was designed to look different than regular commuter-cars, and i think its features are very distinctive and memorable. Very good performance from FWD 3.8 litre V6. A great engine, great transmission, and great handling/suspension characteristics. If you miss 1960's/early 1970's sporty/luxury 2- door coupes, then this car may be for you. And keep in mind, this car produces more horsepower than any production Monte since 1974, when they still put had the big-block as an option. I recomend this car for those who want to live a little, and still have a sense of practicality!

Best Monte Carlo
By Robertlang on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I don't know why Edmunds is dishing this car so badly. I love it and have owned 2 previous Monte Carlos (1980 and 1986)and this one is the best that Chevy has put out. I think it is a great deal for the price of the car and handles wonderfully for me. I also unlike Edmunds really like the appearance as it is a bit retro to the 80's models which I liked and think it is great looking; even the back end!