Used 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

love chevys
By tygable

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The car was bought used @ 5 years old but 1 think it may be bad luck. Front brake rotors were shot needed replaced. Front windshield got cracked, then two weeks later a Toyota rear ended me. Although it totaled the Toyota all my car needed was a little buffing compound. Overall the car has been pretty reliable. Gets 31 mpg on highway, 22 city. Not bad for a v-6.

Favorite Features

styling is cool, handling awsome!! good gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

silver paint tends to peel,although a 40 mph rear ender doesn,t help.electrical components always a GM nightmare.poor resale!

ss for ss
By sonny

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love my '03 SS I bought with 18k in '08 its all black with black leather interior. I have added K&N intake and am planning on an exhaust and ecu chip in the near future. For a front wheel drive car she a blast to drive. This car is my BABY!!

Favorite Features

The exterior styling, it reminds me of a rocket ship or fighter jet!!

Suggested Improvements

rear wheel drive and a manual transmission

80,000 mile lemon
By Chad Hyder

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car new and have had decent service up to this point. I'm have just started hearing a slight noise in the engine this week and its getting worse, I took it into the shop and was informed that the lifters and camshaft would need to be replaced. This would cost me $2,500,00. I'm checking around for better pricing but it seems this car is no longer drivable until this major repair is made. I just fill I should have been able to get more than 80,000 miles from this 2003 Monte Carlo. Needless to say I will not be walking onto a Chevrolet lot anymore. Its looking like I have been pushed to the superior foreign market. It just makes sense. C-Ya Chevy's!!!!

Favorite Features

Looked and drove well up to 80,000 miles.

Suggested Improvements

Need to make a car that will last over 80,000 miles without major repairs. The mechanic states that the engine looks great and he can not understand why this issue has occurred.

Great car
By CHEVY HEAD

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car about a year ago and I still love it! Drives like a car costing thousands more. In these crippling times people need value in their used car purchases. Monte Carlo offers that. Unique styling in an never ending sea of cookie cutter Japanese junk. GM never should have stopped making them!

Favorite Features

Just stand back and look at it. Nothing else on the road looks like it.

Great for work or play
By ms

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used with 14k, now have over 192,000 miles on it and I still get 28 MPG on the highway! Have the 3.8 V-6; wonder what kind of mileage I'd get with a 5 or 6 speed auto? Put down the back seats and I've carried ladders, lumber, 8-10 ft pieces of molding, vinyl flooring, you name it. Wish they hadn't stopped making it. I guess if I need to replace it I'll look for a '07.