2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
2003 Monte Carlo LS
By ep1 on 01/11/12 18:15 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Really like the style of the car, though not very happy in the way it handles, sloppy but sort of controlled has the feeling of being very nose heavy up front in cornering manovers presently having steering shaft issues the dealer lubed and greased the steering shaft seems to be much better - great gas mileage and a real head tuner on the road.

Awesome vehicle!
By Warhorse on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car 2 years ago, always wanted one, my wife found it in the used car lot. Despite needing new intake gasket set right away, I'm VERY pleased with this car! I hope to own it as long as it will last, have added customized parts to it and is a head-turner. Also put 40 series Flowmaster dual-exhaust on it, sounds great! I feed it Z-Maxx every 6000 miles and it treats me right, recommend it to everyone!

Love My Car
By June Seymour on 05/31/10 08:15 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I only have 56,600 miles on the car. Runs great and have only had it in for regular service. Wish GM still made this vehicle. People look at car when I'm driving and give me thumbs up or a toot, but I know it is not for me because of my age. My car still looks like new!

Low Rider
By Low Rider on 05/25/10 21:27 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I do love this car! Glad to see lots of others do too. Bought used, 2 months now. It is definitely a low rider. I felt bamboozled at the car lot where I purchased it. I don't think they had sold a car in days. Paid 8,900. Not sure it was well kept, all 4 tires are different brands. Lights go on and off. Knocks if higher octane gas is not used. Only bad thing to say that it sits so low, when you pull out of a parking spot with huge vehicles on both sides you can't see a thing. Also, I have very short legs and have to sit very close to steering wheel. I had a Kia and loved it but I hit a pole, didn't damage the body but with the poorly made unibody (all one piece)it was warped & totaled.

It's Just Right !
By trucksollady on 04/04/10 04:54 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 03 Monte in 05. Had about 25000 on it. It's is still perfect, handles great, great gas mileage, and never a moments problem with it. Almost rides like a Cadillac but also what I really like about it , being 50 years old now & female, is that it still strokes my ego a little without my looking like an old lady that shouldn't be driving a hot car ! Have always gotten compliments on the car. It now has 74000 miles on it and my intention is to keep it for many more years. I think the quality of the car, interior & exterior, motor, etc. is excellent ! I wouldn't hesitate to hop in it & go on a road trip. To my husband's credit, he keeps it maintained for me.

Best car I've ever owned.
By Henry Chantre on 08/14/09 11:44 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

It's nearly six years old, with 39000 miles, and i still get compliments on it's looks. It's by far the best car I've ever owned

love chevys
By tygable on 05/16/09 02:33 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The car was bought used @ 5 years old but 1 think it may be bad luck. Front brake rotors were shot needed replaced. Front windshield got cracked, then two weeks later a Toyota rear ended me. Although it totaled the Toyota all my car needed was a little buffing compound. Overall the car has been pretty reliable. Gets 31 mpg on highway, 22 city. Not bad for a v-6.

Great car
By CHEVY HEAD on 02/21/09 14:18 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car about a year ago and I still love it! Drives like a car costing thousands more. In these crippling times people need value in their used car purchases. Monte Carlo offers that. Unique styling in an never ending sea of cookie cutter Japanese junk. GM never should have stopped making them!

Great car
By ed on 07/11/08 20:24 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I don't know why GM never promoted this car.The fuel economy 20 city and 32 highway plus the fun to drive aspect make this car a much better value than the so called economy cars. I am 6'2 " 250 lbs,the two door feature of this model make it so easy to get in and out of.I love it.

2003 Monte Carlo-Great Vehicle
By Staci Koetter on 06/19/07 17:29 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle for purchase price. Great gas mileage! No issues with performance. Graduating to higher end vehicle. Would be a good starter car for a teenage driver.