Used 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

2003 Monte Carlo LS
By ep1

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Really like the style of the car, though not very happy in the way it handles, sloppy but sort of controlled has the feeling of being very nose heavy up front in cornering manovers presently having steering shaft issues the dealer lubed and greased the steering shaft seems to be much better - great gas mileage and a real head tuner on the road.

The style of the car, and the way it rides

Intake manifold gasket should be made to last longer than it does, and the steering shaft issues on many Montes!

Awesome vehicle!
By Warhorse

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car 2 years ago, always wanted one, my wife found it in the used car lot. Despite needing new intake gasket set right away, I'm VERY pleased with this car! I hope to own it as long as it will last, have added customized parts to it and is a head-turner. Also put 40 series Flowmaster dual-exhaust on it, sounds great! I feed it Z-Maxx every 6000 miles and it treats me right, recommend it to everyone!

Stereo out of the box sounds awesome, good fuel mileage, about 25 mpg country driving, great styling, good pickup, (especially with dual exhaust)very comfortable interior.

Need to address the intake gasket issue.

Love My Car
By June Seymour

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I only have 56,600 miles on the car. Runs great and have only had it in for regular service. Wish GM still made this vehicle. People look at car when I'm driving and give me thumbs up or a toot, but I know it is not for me because of my age. My car still looks like new!

Style, gas mileage

None-just start making them again!

Low Rider
By Low Rider

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I do love this car! Glad to see lots of others do too. Bought used, 2 months now. It is definitely a low rider. I felt bamboozled at the car lot where I purchased it. I don't think they had sold a car in days. Paid 8,900. Not sure it was well kept, all 4 tires are different brands. Lights go on and off. Knocks if higher octane gas is not used. Only bad thing to say that it sits so low, when you pull out of a parking spot with huge vehicles on both sides you can't see a thing. Also, I have very short legs and have to sit very close to steering wheel. I had a Kia and loved it but I hit a pole, didn't damage the body but with the poorly made unibody (all one piece)it was warped & totaled.

Love the stereo, it's the bomb and is fun to drive!

Driver's door slams back on you, doesn't stay open. Lots of stuff under the hood. I drove an old pick up for 6 yrs,it was very basic under the hood. This car is over whelming, I couldn't even get the air filter out. Yes, I'm female but I don't like feeling helpless, it needs professionals to repair.

It's Just Right !
By trucksollady

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 03 Monte in 05. Had about 25000 on it. It's is still perfect, handles great, great gas mileage, and never a moments problem with it. Almost rides like a Cadillac but also what I really like about it , being 50 years old now & female, is that it still strokes my ego a little without my looking like an old lady that shouldn't be driving a hot car ! Have always gotten compliments on the car. It now has 74000 miles on it and my intention is to keep it for many more years. I think the quality of the car, interior & exterior, motor, etc. is excellent ! I wouldn't hesitate to hop in it & go on a road trip. To my husband's credit, he keeps it maintained for me.

Body style, Handling, interior is great

Can't think of any.