2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Perfect
By caitlinmay on 06/18/13 13:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am obsessed with my '03 Monte Carlo SS. I bought it only a few months ago with 126,000 miles on it, and it's already my favorite car I've ever owned. I bought it from a new/used Chevy dealer, so there were no problems with the car at all. The interior and exterior were both in perfect condition. No mechanical problems at all. It drives smooth and it's fast!!! It's a very easy car to handle, and I love love love the style! I haven't had it for long enough to say it's reliable and things don't go bad on the car, but from what I see now, the car has been taken very good care off. I don't see myself having any problems with it down the road!

2003 Monte carlo ss
By coonhound01 on 10/30/12 12:32 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my SS with 83,000. It has been a very reliable car. I now have 176,000 on my car. It still runs and rides smooth. I've replaced the thermostat, a/c condenser and resonator during that time. The condenser was the result of a stone or debri, which I was told was typical. I like the car, the interior has held up well, and the exterior is even better considering the miles. I average 23-24 mpg combined, 27 mpg on a trip.

Nice Looking Monte SS but...There's room for Improvement
By carguy310 on 07/19/11 12:07 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my '03 Monte Carlo SS used in August 2010 with 113K miles. One owner car before I acquired it. Never been hit or wrecked. Was well maintained. A/C wasn't working when I got it so I had to replace the A/C compressor right away due to leaky seals. Less than a month after purchase goes by, engine went bad at 114K miles. It needed a complete rebuild due to a gasket leak allowing the fluid to run into the cylinders & caused a rod to go bad. A couple of interior buttons & dash lights are blown. The fan speed dial does not work on 1 at times but works on 2-5 with no issues. The body has a tiny wee bit of rust on it. Mostly on the fuel door(outside) and the doors (inside).

ss for ss
By sonny on 03/01/09 15:05 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love my '03 SS I bought with 18k in '08 its all black with black leather interior. I have added K&N intake and am planning on an exhaust and ecu chip in the near future. For a front wheel drive car she a blast to drive. This car is my BABY!!

80,000 mile lemon
By Chad Hyder on 02/26/09 17:48 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car new and have had decent service up to this point. I'm have just started hearing a slight noise in the engine this week and its getting worse, I took it into the shop and was informed that the lifters and camshaft would need to be replaced. This would cost me $2,500,00. I'm checking around for better pricing but it seems this car is no longer drivable until this major repair is made. I just fill I should have been able to get more than 80,000 miles from this 2003 Monte Carlo. Needless to say I will not be walking onto a Chevrolet lot anymore. Its looking like I have been pushed to the superior foreign market. It just makes sense. C-Ya Chevy's!!!!

Great for work or play
By ms on 02/12/09 20:22 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used with 14k, now have over 192,000 miles on it and I still get 28 MPG on the highway! Have the 3.8 V-6; wonder what kind of mileage I'd get with a 5 or 6 speed auto? Put down the back seats and I've carried ladders, lumber, 8-10 ft pieces of molding, vinyl flooring, you name it. Wish they hadn't stopped making it. I guess if I need to replace it I'll look for a '07.

Chevrolet?
By Quatermain98526 on 01/30/09 03:15 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I was on my way home from work when I stopped by the dealer to check out some cars. The Monte Carlo SS with 50K on it for only 9 grand blew me away, I bought it inside an hour. I also test drove an '03 Mustang LX and a '99 Camaro Z28, this car almost compares to the Camaro, and it's only a V6! with 100 HP less! The style of the car, and the SS trim is very very attractive. The car is spacious and comfortable inside, and the engine is very responsive, very touchy, I love it. Handling for a front wheel drive car is better than I predicted.

I love my Jeff Gordon Monte
By jrrotten on 12/03/08 16:32 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car was purchased as an investment and is driven less than 2000 mi annually now. It averages 26 mph and gets 32 mpg on the freeways. I purchased it new, and it is covered in the garage. I think GM and Hendrix motor sport did a great job of designing the package. It holds the road like it was glued to it. I took the car on 2 road trips, one to Arizona and one to Colorado. Wonderful auto, it now has 24,240 miles on it.

Sweet!
By ToddP on 06/21/07 06:22 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car new and have never regretted it, even with the baby. Roomy and fun to drive. Chevrolet improved it a year later by adding a V8 option Only change I would make is that.

Great Car
By SDK-ASK on 01/11/07 05:04 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought as a GM certified car. It had 29k on it. The price was decent, the equipment level is great. Plenty of power, plenty of amenities. I got to drive it for 3 weeks before my wife borrowed it, she fell in love with it, and has been drving it since. (oh well, gotta keep her happy I guess) I got a new truck, but still enjoy driving this car. Even with 60k-plus miles, it still has plenty of power. Turn off the trction control, and spinning the tires is not a problem. The response from others is still very positive. If you are looking for a 2- door, but are concerned about space for backseat passengers, look no further. This car has plenty. Drive one, you'll love it.