2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Perfect
By caitlinmay on 06/18/13 13:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am obsessed with my '03 Monte Carlo SS. I bought it only a few months ago with 126,000 miles on it, and it's already my favorite car I've ever owned. I bought it from a new/used Chevy dealer, so there were no problems with the car at all. The interior and exterior were both in perfect condition. No mechanical problems at all. It drives smooth and it's fast!!! It's a very easy car to handle, and I love love love the style! I haven't had it for long enough to say it's reliable and things don't go bad on the car, but from what I see now, the car has been taken very good care off. I don't see myself having any problems with it down the road!

2003 Monte carlo ss
By coonhound01 on 10/30/12 12:32 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my SS with 83,000. It has been a very reliable car. I now have 176,000 on my car. It still runs and rides smooth. I've replaced the thermostat, a/c condenser and resonator during that time. The condenser was the result of a stone or debri, which I was told was typical. I like the car, the interior has held up well, and the exterior is even better considering the miles. I average 23-24 mpg combined, 27 mpg on a trip.

2003 Monte Carlo LS
By ep1 on 01/11/12 18:15 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Really like the style of the car, though not very happy in the way it handles, sloppy but sort of controlled has the feeling of being very nose heavy up front in cornering manovers presently having steering shaft issues the dealer lubed and greased the steering shaft seems to be much better - great gas mileage and a real head tuner on the road.

Nice Looking Monte SS but...There's room for Improvement
By carguy310 on 07/19/11 12:07 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my '03 Monte Carlo SS used in August 2010 with 113K miles. One owner car before I acquired it. Never been hit or wrecked. Was well maintained. A/C wasn't working when I got it so I had to replace the A/C compressor right away due to leaky seals. Less than a month after purchase goes by, engine went bad at 114K miles. It needed a complete rebuild due to a gasket leak allowing the fluid to run into the cylinders & caused a rod to go bad. A couple of interior buttons & dash lights are blown. The fan speed dial does not work on 1 at times but works on 2-5 with no issues. The body has a tiny wee bit of rust on it. Mostly on the fuel door(outside) and the doors (inside).

Awesome vehicle!
By Warhorse on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car 2 years ago, always wanted one, my wife found it in the used car lot. Despite needing new intake gasket set right away, I'm VERY pleased with this car! I hope to own it as long as it will last, have added customized parts to it and is a head-turner. Also put 40 series Flowmaster dual-exhaust on it, sounds great! I feed it Z-Maxx every 6000 miles and it treats me right, recommend it to everyone!

Love My Car
By June Seymour on 05/31/10 08:15 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I only have 56,600 miles on the car. Runs great and have only had it in for regular service. Wish GM still made this vehicle. People look at car when I'm driving and give me thumbs up or a toot, but I know it is not for me because of my age. My car still looks like new!

Low Rider
By Low Rider on 05/25/10 21:27 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I do love this car! Glad to see lots of others do too. Bought used, 2 months now. It is definitely a low rider. I felt bamboozled at the car lot where I purchased it. I don't think they had sold a car in days. Paid 8,900. Not sure it was well kept, all 4 tires are different brands. Lights go on and off. Knocks if higher octane gas is not used. Only bad thing to say that it sits so low, when you pull out of a parking spot with huge vehicles on both sides you can't see a thing. Also, I have very short legs and have to sit very close to steering wheel. I had a Kia and loved it but I hit a pole, didn't damage the body but with the poorly made unibody (all one piece)it was warped & totaled.

It's Just Right !
By trucksollady on 04/04/10 04:54 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 03 Monte in 05. Had about 25000 on it. It's is still perfect, handles great, great gas mileage, and never a moments problem with it. Almost rides like a Cadillac but also what I really like about it , being 50 years old now & female, is that it still strokes my ego a little without my looking like an old lady that shouldn't be driving a hot car ! Have always gotten compliments on the car. It now has 74000 miles on it and my intention is to keep it for many more years. I think the quality of the car, interior & exterior, motor, etc. is excellent ! I wouldn't hesitate to hop in it & go on a road trip. To my husband's credit, he keeps it maintained for me.

Best car I've ever owned.
By Henry Chantre on 08/14/09 11:44 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

It's nearly six years old, with 39000 miles, and i still get compliments on it's looks. It's by far the best car I've ever owned

love chevys
By tygable on 05/16/09 02:33 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The car was bought used @ 5 years old but 1 think it may be bad luck. Front brake rotors were shot needed replaced. Front windshield got cracked, then two weeks later a Toyota rear ended me. Although it totaled the Toyota all my car needed was a little buffing compound. Overall the car has been pretty reliable. Gets 31 mpg on highway, 22 city. Not bad for a v-6.