2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Review: Still love it after all these

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Review

LS Coupe (3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Still love it after all these years.
By jackw972 on

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I got my Monte Carlo LS brand new in '02. It had 48 miles on it, and shined like a new Penny. The car now has 140,000 miles on it. I've had little to no problems with the car till it had 100,000 miles on it. The problems came in waves. When I had trouble, it wasn't just one thing, it would be 2 or 3 things go bad about the same time. I'd get them fixed, and it would be fine for a while. At this point, the BCM went bad. I'm still working with that problem. It has 140K, it ain't perfect. I still like it, and still like driving it. I'm going to run the wheels off of it.

I like the overall style of it. Inside & out. Mine is black/black. I just think it's a cool looking car.

They already covered the improvements. The car needed more horsepower. Even the '02 SS lacked grunt & go. I drove a new one in '02, and was dissapointed in the power it had over the cost. The later models had V8s w/301hp. I wish I had waited.