Love my bright yellow Monte Carlo SS
By Phil on
2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
I saw this car in bright yellow on a dealer's lot over an 1/8th of a mile from the street. It was so hot looking, I had to check it out. Before I knew it, I bought it. It rode way better than the Mustangs, was as quiet and road as well as a Cadillac, mine has every option except a power passenger seat or heated seats (which I don't really need where I live, and I usually drive alone anyway). This car has given me no problems since 2002, in fact, other than tires, I haven't spent a dime on it, and here it is 2008, the way car dealers count age, the car is 7 years old and has NO problems. I can't say enough about how good a buy this car was, best car I've had since 1969 Cougar Eliminator
Favorite Features
Steering wheel controls for everything, great stereo, mine plays cassettes and CDs and has a great bass response. People wow over the stereo, and with the bright yellow paint, it's a head turner. I get 22 mpg in town with my foot "in it" most of the time. This car handles great, and feels very safe.
Suggested Improvements
The front cupholder is hard to use when car is in park. I would like to see higher air dams on the front of the car so the car won't scrape tall curbs.