2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Don't buy this car
By dave BONO on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

THIS CAR NEEDS A COMPLETE REDESIGN.

Yellow SS
By tripled on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my SS for two weeks now, and love it to death. Coming from my 1999 Honda Accord, this car has more pickup, and better handling. It is also very roomy inside for a coupe. The trunk is spacious enough for me to add my subs, and still have access to the spare tire.

Better than Expected
By BMan on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am quite surprised, for the amount I spent (~$24,000, includes 2002 cash back, fees, taxes, & tags) for my Black SS with every option except the High Sport Appearance Pkg. Car handles better, rides better, performs better than I hoped for, except for the gas mileage. I had the widows tinted to cut down on the interior heat after "she" has sat in the sun. The ABS works so well I am often worried about the vehicle behind me stopping in time! If you want a two-door coupe, you really need to consider this vehicle. I expect this car to go the distance (10+ years) with minimal problems, and No I Do Not work for Chevrolet or their affiliates/dealers/allies!!!!

Monte Carlo LS Rocks
By Bill Turner on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The 2002 Monte Carlo LS is not only fun to drive, but gets excellent gas mileage and because there are not a lot of them on the road, turns heads. Sleek, stylish and fun to drive. The controls are built for the driver, allowing ease of use. The separate passenger heat control eliminates any debate about the temperature and the stereo rocks!

Ex-Ford lover
By dmw1963 on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I never thought I would own a Chevy & love it like this. I've had the car a year an a half and I still love it. That's saying a lot for me since I've owned 12 cars in 22 years, 8 being Fords. Even though I have the smaller six cylinder it has the get up & go when I need it. It's also very comfortable on long trips. Great option to one of the small overpriced coupes.

Awesome
By Rick1234894 on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It's an extremely smooth ride with a good amount of power

Tired of Rental Cars
By fjm11516 on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I loved this car more than any I had ever owned. Then the second year came around. This car spends more time in the shop than it does at my home. I've had 3 major problem that were covered under warrenty. My warrenty ends in 700 miles and I am scared to death of what is going to happen next. Great comfort which is why I bought it. The most unreliable car ever. Run away.

Big coupe
By phant2000 on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Lot's of room inside for a sporty coupe. Back seat is more than ample for 2 full sized adults. The 200 horsepower 3.8 liter V6 provides brisk take-offs and excellent passing. It gets great mileage for a big V6. Lot's of features like auto-dimming rearveiw, heated side mirrors, auxilliary 12V power outlet, dual zone heat and a/c. power everything

Wifes Baby
By Wizard on 03/07/02 19:56 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my wife a bright red SS for Valentines Day loaded with everything. She and I both love driving this car. Ample power, roomy, comfortable, and it does turn heads.

Monte
By RJOU1 on 03/05/02 11:31 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a Monte Carlo When GM offered 0,0. What a deal. The car has been good so far. Not exceptional, but good. The only complaint I really have, is that it needs more power(should have gotten the SS). The interior is roomy and practical. I got a fair amount of equipment, including On-Star, which I think is great. Do I think this is the best car out there? no, but for the money, and the fact that it's an American car make it a great choice.