Used 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

MONEY WELL SPENT!
By MR.G

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I NEEDED A THIRD CAR,AS A SPARE AND HELP LOWER FUEL COST FOR IN CITY DRIVING,THAT WAS EASY TO PARK.I DID RESEARCH AND STARTED LOOKING FOR THIS CAR.PAID $13500.WITH 34000 MILES.3.99% INTEREST RATE.IF YOU HAVE THE TIME YOU CAN SAVE THOUSANDS.BUT YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

Favorite Features

SS LOADED WITH ALL OPTIONS.LEATHER HEATED SEATS IS TOPS ON MY LIST,BUT I LIKE ALL OF THE BELLS AND WHISTLES,SUN ROOF,HEATED OUTSIDE MIRRORS,ONSTAR,ONBOARD COMPUTER,CONTROLS ON THE STEERING WHEEL.

Suggested Improvements

LOWER MONTHLY COST ON THE ONSTAR FEES. 22.00/MONTH IS TOO MUCH FOR NO MORE THAN YOU WOULD USE THIS SERVICE.

Highs and Lows
By NASCAR3

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my montel carlo ss for one year now. I am pleased with the car. Im a big and tall guy and its very comfortable. I have taken several road trips in the car. I have had only one problem with the car in that the battery went dead after only one year. It was most likely just a lemon. Overall this is a great car to own. I have decided I wanted a truck and I am stuck with this car for awhile because I paid 27k for it and trade in value is 16k. Great car, just doesnt hold its value.

Favorite Features

I like the on-star feature, the heated seats, the gagues and also the sound system.

Suggested Improvements

This car is suppose to be the premier car for chevrolet on the racing circuit. It also has the SS title! Can we put a V8 powerplant in this baby. This would make all the difference in the world. Overall, great car to own!

bad experiance
By richard

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

the monte carlo is a nice looking car, but I have encountered a great deal of trouble. The paint is defective, My hood had to be repainted three times for them to finaly replace it. my abs modulator has gone out. the car has been worked on three times for having a hard start, and the problem still exists. the dash has been repaired and/or replaced at least three times.

Favorite Features

the looks of the exterior and interior design

Suggested Improvements

car needs to be built to higher standords

monte lover
By magg144

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

this is my 3rd monte, i traded in a 99 with no problems and the 02 has been trouble free also! fun to drive and sporty, i love these cars!

Favorite Features

trip computer, heated seats

Great except for the front brakes
By bobtoski

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Great except for the front brakes.

Favorite Features

Heated seats

Suggested Improvements

Front braking system leaves a little to be desired. Have had problems with front rotors going bad and warping very easily. Chevrolet shouldn't make a car go fast if the braking system cannot take the hard braking. Better sound system would be nice.