Used 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Best car!!!
By J Skogg

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Best vehicle I have ever owned. Great in snow and wet weather. Sporty look, but also great for a family vehicle. Trunk is big and fold down seats come in handy.

Heated Seats

Gas mileage

Lots of show with a little go
By Ren Jonsin

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I found this car while looking for a Mustang. I probably should have kept looking because the performance, although good for a V6, just isn't what I really was looking for. It's not a bad car at all though, well appointed, plenty of room and quite reliable to date. Looks great from the back and side and since the popularity of coupes is waning, you don't see many of them on the street. The MC handles competently and pulls through corners well, although it certainly wouldn't be at home on an autocross course. If you're looking for a sporty looking car that won't set you back a ton of money with reasonable insurance rates, you couldn't do much better.

Two doors! Pass through in back seat to trunk is handy for long objects. The Monte Carlo has a roomy trunk, although the opening is a tad tight. There are plenty of customizeable features via the radio setup program. The leather seats are very comfortable and visibility is good

Use the GTO base to make this a real Super Sport with V-8 power and rear wheel drive. Either that or call it what it is, a two door Impala. The cup holders for the front passengers could use some work. You have to put the car in gear to access the frontmost cup holder.

Just Purchased Monte Carlo
By Dan the man

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was worried purchasing my first Chevy product since the early 70's & 80's. I have been very happy with my past Toyota and Honda purchases. Had no luck with Ford (Forever repairing Daily). But I use to enjoy my old GM products in my youth, so I gave Chevy another chance. So far I am really happy with the monte carlo. I like the styling and handling. I even have my daughter's child seat in the back, and that has been easier than I expected. It may still be too early to tell, with 18,000 miles but so far so good. Lets hope I don't get disappointed, I need a reliable car and if this doesn't work out, its back to Toyota for good.

Styling. I get alot of compliments.

Acceleration is so much more refined in the 6cyl versions of the Camry, 4runner, etc. Here is the Big chevy 6cyl and it seems to me less refined.

yellow is HOT
By lettuce47

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Was the first yellow Monte in Pa. Love the car and the performance off the line for a V-6. Sleek body design, and the gas mileage is outstanding. Have 22k on Monte now, with absolutely no problems. Love this car...

love the body style, as its just a much more streamlined Monte from 1973.

The supercharged model is nice, but just late from Chevrolet. Why cant they fit a V-8 in there?

Finally Got Muscule
By MONTE4WIFE

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

WOW! I finally have a car that spins it's wheels if I punch the pedal!

Color, Package, Engine