Used 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

No more GM cars for me!
By Unhappy

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was very disappointed by this car. I've always bought North American, but no more. First, the interior console peeled and had to argue with dealership to replace. Now, paint is peeling in large chunks in wheel wells (hear this is common), taking side body paint with it. It is covered in paint "pops" (paint popping from underneath, not ships as dealer is trying to claim). I am a former paint chemist who knows coating failure when I see it. GM should be ashamed in this day and age of putting this quality on the road. That they do nothing about it says volumes about a car manuf. that I will no longer trust.

Beautiful car. Dismal quality.

Produce a quality product. Stop talking about it and start doing it. Fix the problems you create. Own up to them. My car now looks like a piece of crap next to my 9 year old Chrysler Stratus. And its not even 4 years old....Enough said.

Not so bad
By TheRat

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is the third GM car that I have purchased. Love the style. Have had only one problem other then normal maintenace.

GM has a problem with intake gaskets. Improve the intake gaskets. Had the same problem with a 1994 Grand Am GT. Others that I have talked to had the same problem. Other than intake gaskets it's a very good car.

My Monte
By Monte Carlo

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven my Monte Carlo in all types of weather conditions and have had no problems. This includes rain, snow, ice and fog. I have driven it over hill and dale. Over passes, it does not lose power, even fully loaded for vacation. I have had no major problems mechincially in the time that we have owned the car.

I really enjoy the CD player. The radio is also excellent. The variable sound and volume auto control is great when the windows are open. The seats are also very comfortable esp. on a long trip.

About the only change that I could suggest would be to increase the gas mileage. My Monte gets tweny -five in the city and twenty-eight on the highway.

A Kick To Drive
By ajwagner777

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Monte Carlo having never owned a GM product. I must say that I am VERY pleased. The performance is great even though its not an SS, the fuel economy is awesome for the 3.4L V- 6. I had to put a set of spark plugs in it to correct hesitation. Otherwise, very solid car. I put my own after market stereo in, so if you're wanting to do that, be aware that the wiring adapter was $80. Very nice car, i feel very safe and it is a very fun car to drive. hndles very well around corners at high speeds. Would buy again, and again, and again, and again.

Performance, fuel economy, "Fun-to- drive" factor.

Audible unlock conformation on keyless entry. Better materials in interior build. Ride quality (can feel a lot of the bumps in the road that you cant in my wifes camry)

Love my Monte Carlo
By Edward Calado

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love the full-size feel of the Monte Carlo. It feels very substantial and is a great cruising car. Handling is good for a car of this size, and gas mileage is actually quite good for a 3.8L V6 engine. I also love the roominess of the interior. I get a lot of compliments about my Monte Carlo. I highly recommend this vehicle for its sporty performance, outstanding styling, aerodynamic design, large interior, and decent handling. The trunk is very spacious as well as the rear seat.

Aerodynamic exterior and eye-catching styling. Traction control. Large interior, large trunk, and comfortable seats. Fun-to-drive.

The front cupholder is poorly placed. The interior materials lack the fit and finish of a Toyota. Refinement could also be built into the engine, which is coarse in comparison to the Camry Solara or the Accord coupe. Still, I love my car.