2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
SS= Severely Sucks
By Loring Russell on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

very unimpressive, nothing great about this vehicle.....gone are the days of the awesome Chevrolet Monte SS that were fun to own and drive. This vehicle is nothing more than a larger Cavilier. The Yugo has been reborn, it is now called a Monte Carlo. Purchase price 10 months ago 29K, current trade in value 15K. I guess their reputation has spread.

no more g.m for me!
By nomoregm on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

i only have had this pice of cr~p 5 weeks. first -jerky trans [computer problem]. second- trunk won't close. third-just quit running at 40 m.p.h. forth- all kinds of interior rattels.this car is built very cheap and flimzy. sound system stinks.i,m going back to ford fit and finish way above g.m with better quality materials ouality is job 1.

Great Car
By lovemymonte on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I owned a 2000 Mercury Cougar and Ford took it back under the Minnesota Lemon Law. After that whole experince, I wanted to purchase something that would be reliable. My mom has a Monte Carlo and she loves the car, never any problems. I love my car. The white really looks sharp with the black moldings and the red SS detailing. I recommend this car to anyone looking for a great car with performance, great looks and a great reliability record. If you are thinking about purchasing this car, go to JD powers website and compare other vehicles. That's what made me make my decision. Don't count this vehicle out until you have researched and TEST DRIVE.

Black is Beautiful
By pappap1 on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I searched all over for this color and equipment. All black with every option except heated seats(Florida). The car is a real head turner and runs great but a super-charger would enhance the performance like my wife's Regal GS. The only drawback is the padding of the seats. My 57 year old posterior needs more cushion on the long haul so I bring my own home made one for the longer drive.

Mid Life Crisis
By Moose1959 on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I only have had the car for about 2 months but I love it. It has been labeled my mid life crisis. Its a great looker and what a ride! For all ownwers looking for a few more ponies, try Borla Cat-back kit. It will set you back about 850.00's, but between the Borla kit and a K & N charged air filter you will gain about 15 or 20hp.And it wont void your warranty!

Great Car!!
By JG In Alabama on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

What a Great Car for the money. My SS is fully loaded. It handles exceptional and has great power. Test drove it and was doing 70 without realizing it. Last car in the world I though I would buy. Tested it on a whim and now I own one. It gets great mileage for a six cylinder. I HIGHLY reccomend this vehicle. It is more than worth the low price you can pick it up for.

'02 Monte SS
By dlr634 on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2002 Monte SS in February (black). After driving it for five months, I still love it. The ride is very smooth, and the 3.8 V6 delivers an excellent blend of power and fuel economy. Personally, I love the exterior styling...I get compliments all the time on it. For less than $24,000 I got everything but leather seats, which I don't like. So I got ABS, dual exhaust, heated power mirrors, programmable garage door opener, power sunroof, OnStar, trip computer...you name it. I can't say enough about it....

Great to drive
By CharlesBarton on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Owned since the end of Jan. and have loved every minute of it. Turns alot heads and lots of great compliments.The silver color is perfect out here in Arizona and gets great milage both in town driving and out on the road. It was better driver than the Grand Prix but would have loved to get more power under the hood. And the sound system needs no upgrades.

My SS is awesome!
By Mikeyfett on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

If you buy this car, you get a lot for the money. Leather, sunroof, super sound-system,OnStar, heated seats, information center etc... You get a lot for your money compared to smaller 2dr cars like the Mustang or Sebring. I traded in a 96 T-Bird w/V8-rwd and I feel the Monte has more power. My favorite is that it's big and comfortable. I'm a big and tall guy and I feel very comfotable in it. Very safe too, rated highest in front collision safety.

Great Going GM
By Harley60 on 07/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great handling a very comfortable ride. A chevy man for decades, a few year ago swithed to Jeep. Back to Chevy, will never own a Jeep or Chrysler product again.