2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Best car!!!
By J Skogg on 12/06/04 15:27 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Best vehicle I have ever owned. Great in snow and wet weather. Sporty look, but also great for a family vehicle. Trunk is big and fold down seats come in handy.

Lots of show with a little go
By Ren Jonsin on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I found this car while looking for a Mustang. I probably should have kept looking because the performance, although good for a V6, just isn't what I really was looking for. It's not a bad car at all though, well appointed, plenty of room and quite reliable to date. Looks great from the back and side and since the popularity of coupes is waning, you don't see many of them on the street. The MC handles competently and pulls through corners well, although it certainly wouldn't be at home on an autocross course. If you're looking for a sporty looking car that won't set you back a ton of money with reasonable insurance rates, you couldn't do much better.

Just Purchased Monte Carlo
By Dan the man on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was worried purchasing my first Chevy product since the early 70's & 80's. I have been very happy with my past Toyota and Honda purchases. Had no luck with Ford (Forever repairing Daily). But I use to enjoy my old GM products in my youth, so I gave Chevy another chance. So far I am really happy with the monte carlo. I like the styling and handling. I even have my daughter's child seat in the back, and that has been easier than I expected. It may still be too early to tell, with 18,000 miles but so far so good. Lets hope I don't get disappointed, I need a reliable car and if this doesn't work out, its back to Toyota for good.

yellow is HOT
By lettuce47 on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Was the first yellow Monte in Pa. Love the car and the performance off the line for a V-6. Sleek body design, and the gas mileage is outstanding. Have 22k on Monte now, with absolutely no problems. Love this car...

Finally Got Muscule
By MONTE4WIFE on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

WOW! I finally have a car that spins it's wheels if I punch the pedal!

MONEY WELL SPENT!
By MR.G on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I NEEDED A THIRD CAR,AS A SPARE AND HELP LOWER FUEL COST FOR IN CITY DRIVING,THAT WAS EASY TO PARK.I DID RESEARCH AND STARTED LOOKING FOR THIS CAR.PAID $13500.WITH 34000 MILES.3.99% INTEREST RATE.IF YOU HAVE THE TIME YOU CAN SAVE THOUSANDS.BUT YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

bad experiance
By richard on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

the monte carlo is a nice looking car, but I have encountered a great deal of trouble. The paint is defective, My hood had to be repainted three times for them to finaly replace it. my abs modulator has gone out. the car has been worked on three times for having a hard start, and the problem still exists. the dash has been repaired and/or replaced at least three times.

Highs and Lows
By NASCAR3 on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my montel carlo ss for one year now. I am pleased with the car. Im a big and tall guy and its very comfortable. I have taken several road trips in the car. I have had only one problem with the car in that the battery went dead after only one year. It was most likely just a lemon. Overall this is a great car to own. I have decided I wanted a truck and I am stuck with this car for awhile because I paid 27k for it and trade in value is 16k. Great car, just doesnt hold its value.

monte lover
By magg144 on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

this is my 3rd monte, i traded in a 99 with no problems and the 02 has been trouble free also! fun to drive and sporty, i love these cars!

Great except for the front brakes
By bobtoski on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Great except for the front brakes.