2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Still love it after all these years.
By jackw972 on 04/22/14 19:17 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I got my Monte Carlo LS brand new in '02. It had 48 miles on it, and shined like a new Penny. The car now has 140,000 miles on it. I've had little to no problems with the car till it had 100,000 miles on it. The problems came in waves. When I had trouble, it wasn't just one thing, it would be 2 or 3 things go bad about the same time. I'd get them fixed, and it would be fine for a while. At this point, the BCM went bad. I'm still working with that problem. It has 140K, it ain't perfect. I still like it, and still like driving it. I'm going to run the wheels off of it.

Cars that last
By Gahe on 12/18/09 08:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my '02 MC with 11,000 miles on it in April of 2002. Since that time I have put on 318,000 on my own, putting my mileage at 328,000. The car looks and feels almost like it did when I bought it. I would buy another in a heartbeat!

Love it!
By brennaflower on 12/04/07 18:09 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love it! I have no complaints, I am proud of my purchase. Today I bought $300 worth of groceries and got all of them in the trunk! I also have a Camaro and I love it, but this car is much better for me to drive there's plenty of room for the kids, it is great!

Dont be fooled by its looks
By tankerman1919 on 02/12/07 15:35 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was in the army and this was my first car coming out. I now sell cars. Don't get the 3.4 Monte. It's no good. At 45K new tranny. At 60K intake leak. Now I've got lifter noise. But can't afford to have it fixed. I mean this car looked OK. But far from the best. I would rather have my old '89 Honda Civic again. At least I knew it would run everyday.

Disappointed for many reasons
By mw on 12/29/06 18:46 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first brand new car ever! and I have some doubts if I will ever buy a Chevy product again. At 6000 miles the belts had to be replaced. At 12000 miles the steering shaft cracked and had to be replaced. by 16000 miles the water pump along with rotors/calipers had to be replaced. Around 22,000 miles it was the rotors again. 28,000 miles it was rotors/calipers and the A.B.S modules again. The car has 40,000 miles on it and rotors again. i live in chicago and im sure some it has to be city driving, but i really dont abuse this car at all. The interior design has improved over the previous model but mechanical it much worse.

Best Car I Have or Will Ever Own
By Miss Q on 12/26/06 15:33 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car is my baby! I have had only one problem in 4.5 years which is a problem I have heard is very common in GM cars with this engine and that is the intake gasket. They really need to recall it and fix it. Other than that, no problems whatsoever and I have almost 90,000 on mine. I love it and will drive it until it literally falls apart. Then, I'll retire it and buy another!

Monte Carlo Rocks!
By jg1fan on 08/24/06 08:34 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the yellow competition package Monte as it caught my eye and I couldn't pass it up! I loved this car! Everything was well placed and within reach. My only complaint is the small cupholder in front of the shifter. I was always spilling something. I traded this in for a minivan as I was tired of getting the kids in and out of their carseats in the back seat. Now I am kicking myself and going to get a 2003 Jeff Gordon Monte Carlo. If you want the best car you've ever owned, buy a Monte! Chevy Rocks!

Best car I ever owned
By angel on 06/08/06 15:58 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Chevy Monte Carlo is reliable and fun to drive. It has incredible get up and go. It handles like a dream. I love the way it just wants to go, doesn't matter if your climbing a mountain or on a flat road this car goes with no problems. I get people stopping me all the time to compliment me and ask about my car. I always tell them that if they want a sporty, roomy, fast and comfortable car that they should go out and get one. I love my car.

Great Daily Driver
By GsMonteCarlo1 on 04/06/06 15:06 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 1995 Monte Carlo prior to this 2002. Chevy improved the Monte Carlo greatly from 95 model to the 2000+ models. There is more room, better stereo, and bigger trunk. The styling is a lot better as well. The only thing that Chevy messed up was the integrated computer system into the radio. This creates problem with aftermarket stereos and remote starters.

No more GM cars for me!
By Unhappy on 04/05/06 19:16 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was very disappointed by this car. I've always bought North American, but no more. First, the interior console peeled and had to argue with dealership to replace. Now, paint is peeling in large chunks in wheel wells (hear this is common), taking side body paint with it. It is covered in paint "pops" (paint popping from underneath, not ships as dealer is trying to claim). I am a former paint chemist who knows coating failure when I see it. GM should be ashamed in this day and age of putting this quality on the road. That they do nothing about it says volumes about a car manuf. that I will no longer trust.